Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Gsg 1911

Boolit Buddy

Gsg 1911

My son bought a GSG 1911 recently....nice looking pistol.....we spent the afternoon breaking in a new AR15 and he brought the rimfire with him....I really was not expecting too much.....but that darn thing feed, fired and extracted bulk Winchester perfectly.....well, we actually had two rounds misfeed after shooting a bunch of rounds....it was pretty accurate and is a fun plinker..... the only thing more fun than shooting with my boy is shooting with him and his two children.....

rick

Banned

Keep an eye on the slide stop. A friends wore really bad and had to have the slide replaced. The replaced one has not done it. Buy a few extra mags when you can. Ya just never know when they will be available.

Boolit Master
    My buddy has one and it has NOT displayed the accuracy I was hoping for. so far the best has been CCI Mini-MAg HP's
    The rest has been dismal at 25 yards. For a hundred more a person can get the Ruger 22 rf that has the grip angle like a 45 auto and it would have much more accuracy.
    A case of liking thelooks of a 1911 rf at a good price but not much more.

Boolit Buddy
    I really like mine. It's as accurate as my MkII eyeballs can see. Put a full brick of cheap stuff thru it without cleaning and had 1 FTF. The only down side is the rear sight is PLASTIC so don't over tighten the lock screw. I also bought 4 extra mags.

Matt

Boolit Master
    Maybe my buddy just got a loser gun. The barrel isn't tight in the bushing so repeatability is poor. The best so far is 10 rounds in 21/4 inches at 25 yards.
    Am I the worlds best bench shooter? No, but I am far from the worst. My MKII gvmnt model will do at least that at 50 with the right ammo.
    Maybe I got a good MKII and he got a bad GSG 1911.
    I'll say this, I can on average, shoot his 2 inch Kit Gun S&W at 25 offhand better than I can that gun.
    Oh well take as you want to.

Boolit Buddy
    My MarkII Government will out shoot my GSG hands down. I think for the $ the GSG is a great value. Match winner, I doubt it.

Matt