Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 410 paper case data

Boolit Master

410 paper case data

I acquired a rather large quantity of Winchester Paper cases for the 410. All are in really good condition and appear to be once fired. Intermediate brass, 2.5" length.

I have a few shotgun manuals, including a current (5th ed) and 3rd edition Lyman manual, but no data for any paper cases in 410. I currently have Winchester 209 primers and some older Federal 209 primers (not 209A, but the older hotter ones) some Winchester HS and Federal wads. Normally I use 2400 for the 410, but I was thinking of expanding my powder choices. ( I also have red, blue, and green dot as well as unique, but those may be unsuitable for the 410)

Looking for a 1/2 oz target load for these cases. Anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance,

Ray
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

Boolit Master

Lil gun works well for 410 I used to use 2400 but switched to Lil Gun. I have some paper 3 inch and heading the advice of a friend he told me what ever load you decide for it in the guide books for a plastic hull just drop a grain for the paper hulls. I did and it worked fine for me.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Somewhere I have some old load data for paper 410 hulls.Mostly 3" but some 2 1/2 also.Ill look around for it for you if you still need it.I think theres 3 modern powders listed.Some old winchester hulls had a real poor paper base wad and could be a problem as they will come apart and stick in the bore...Robin
    Last edited by Box13; 09-30-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Heres one page with a little data...I have one other but it only lists C.I.L Imperial paper hulls...

Boolit Master

just a note
    the 410 paper will not last but maybe 2 loads and burn through. I would not use in a good gun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shotman View Post
    just a note
    the 410 paper will not last but maybe 2 loads and burn through. I would not use in a good gun.
    With the problems crimping .410, the plastic cases don't last much longer. If I can get 1 load out of them, I'll come out ahead. Too bad they burn through so quick though. I used to get 5-6 reloads out of the Federal papers in 12 ga. They were really nice hulls.
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rtracy2001 View Post
    With the problems crimping .410, the plastic cases don't last much longer. If I can get 1 load out of them, I'll come out ahead. Too bad they burn through so quick though. I used to get 5-6 reloads out of the Federal papers in 12 ga. They were really nice hulls.
    I would not crimp them I load as usual then put a over the shot cardboard wad (disc) over the shot and coat that with fingernail polish to glue in. They work perfectly fine and they last longer due to no crimping.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.