RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally joined the .32 club.

Boolit Master

Finally joined the .32 club.

I'm not much on posting pretty pics of guns, but here goes:

This is the one I snagged on the ruger forum for $390 the other day. Throats measure .313" and it looks like somebody ran a box or two through it and put it away. Check out the lack of turn line!

Need to get dies and a mold yet, but have brass, powder primers and a .313" push-through sizer.

Boolit Grand Master

subsonic;
    Welcome to the club. All but one of my .32's are chambered for the .32 H&R (the other is a Model 30 Smith in .32 S&W Long).

I have settled on a Group Buy Keith sized to .313". You might ask around the Forum - there may be a mould or two available. In commercial moulds, the RCBS 98 gr SWC is an excellent performer (but only available in a two cavity mould). Accurate Molds has examples that should work well, also (and you can get multi-cavity moulds of excellent quality).

I shoot as many S&W long cases as I do H&R cases (different loads, of course). An excellent load for target and edible small game is the 100 gr Keith ahead of 2.8 grs of 231 in the S&W Long cases.
    If you want a heavy load for your .32 H&R Magnum, then 10.0 grs of H110 behind the Keith will give you about 1200 fps.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Bub
    Nice catch, but be warned, they're habit forming! Accurate molds makes a nice brass , 4-holer that throws a dandy 100gr Keith style or Lyman's 2-banger 311008. I cast and use both.

Boolit Master
    This is me being green. I have wanted one of those for a long time.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    When I got wind that Ruger was bringing out that model, I told my local dealer to move heaven and earth to get me one. I was shooting it before most people even knew they existed. Wonderfully accurate- it shot like a young rifle. Then, about 6 months later, a buddy dangled an Orvis split cane fly rod in front of me as a swap for the Ruger which I gladly accepted. Since that day I somehow never made it back into the .32 H&R Mag world, making do with a procession of Colt .32's. Yes, I wish I had it back, but it did introduce me to the world of .32's lo those many years ago!

Nice find. I had a buckeye special similar to that stolen from me. Man I miss it.
    Enjoy and like others have said. Its an addictive caliber.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Yummy!! Oh how I wish Ruger would bring that back. I'll take mine in stainless, please.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine is an original run Single Six .32 H&R........I love it

Larry Giibson

Boolit Master
    My Ruger SSM will outshoot any handgun I own, including a nice K38.

Boolit Master

nice lookin gun.......looks like mine did when i first bought it.Now,my ol gun looks worn,as it should,ive fired 1000,s of rounds threw it(mostly rcbs 98 swc) all i ever load any more is 3.5 grs of 231,,,its one of the most accurate revolvers ive ever owned.

Boolit Master

Nice roller. RCBS 32-098 is THE bullet for this caliber.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome to the club, this is by far my most favorite caliber. I shoot alot of the RCBS 32-098 along with the Lyman 311008 & 31133HP. I started shooting 32 SWL cases and still do but also a lot of 32 mag Starline brass. Powder I've used has ranged from Unique, AA#5, AA#7, H-110 & HS-6, mostly AA#7.

Good luck.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Yummy!! Oh how I wish Ruger would bring that back. I'll take mine in stainless, please.
    You are aware of the Ruger BH 8-shooter in 327 Fed Mag, aren't you? Some argue that the platform is too large for a 32, but the total payload is awesome! Mine will have a Leupold scope with matching finish on it as soon as the round tuit shows up!

Froggie

Boolit Master
    Subsonic,

That is a fine piece of rollergun you've got there. I like mine a lot. I mean, obviously, I like most all of my .32's a lot, but the ruger SSM is a fine piece.

Now keep your eye out for it's twin brother...

Mine loves the 31133, with the 311008 being a close second when I was testing different bullets in the gun. It did pretty well with the bullets in the 100 grain range, but really shone with the stuff over about 110 grains.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Frog, yes, I've seen it. The .327 Blackhawk is cool in its own way but the Single Six is perfect for the .32 Magnum.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Exactly. Why doesn't Ruger bring it back?
    If you can find one, they cost a lot. Ruger, don't you want to make money?

I'll take the 4 5/8" in blue, please.

Boolit Master

Ruger is already too busy cranking out plastic guns that feed from the bottom.

Yep. Heck, I would be content to just get the .327 SP-101 and shoot .32 magnums out of it. By the time I have the cash it will probably be discontinued though.

Boolit Mold

Saeco or Rcbs

Has anyone here had any luck with saeco moulds in .32 h&r mag? I like the look of the 100 gr. swc , nice wide nose.. Also ,I have double handles in lyman and rcbs, will they work with a double saeco?Bought my single six off gun-broker and haven't recieved it yet.Every thing in 357 and 44 I shoot is cast so 32 shouldn't be too big of problem. Might have a question later about not sizing if moulds not too oversized.Got a 44 that worked out that way.I've wanted a 32 so long and I just figured at 60, I ain't getting any younger.Spend the money. I've enjoyed the knowlege here and hope to talk to you again.Best wishes,Glen

Boolit Grand Master

I have several .32 Magnum revolvers (Smith 631 with 4" barrel, Smith 16-4 with 6" barrel, and a Ruger SP 101 with 4" barrel).

My favorite bullet is the Group Buy 100 gr Keith. 10-11 grs of H110 will give you 1100-1200 fps. in the .32 H&R Cases.

I often use .32 S&W Long cases with 2.8 grs of 231 behind the 100 gr Keith. It is a pleasant, accurate, load for target and edible small game.

Ed Harris is a fan of both the .32 H&R and the Saeco bullet moulds. He has a number of comments on the Cast Bullet Association Forum with good data.

FWIW
    Dale53
    Last edited by Dale53; 10-09-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast