Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Don't Exclude Alaska and Hawaii if you can ship USPS.

Boolit Master

Yep , we ARE on the same Continent as the lower 48 so I hold them to that if I can.
    We do not have UPS ground shipping to Alaska, so If need be I get it sent to a friend who will re-box it in a flat rate box and mail it to me. Still cheaper than UPS second day air charges to Alaska.
    Other than that it is Barge or truck to Alaska and that is best for Heavy , bulky stuff.
    Thanks Guys !
    Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

For the rest of us Alaska guys.
    This worked for me getting cheap shipping on some gun case foam. Ask them just what CONUS means. If they say Continental US then inform them that we are indeed on the North American Contenient, same as them. You may have to talk to a manager to explain this.

If they say contiguous US then you're skrewed once again.
    If Obummer is the answer, How stupid was the question?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -----Ronald Reagan

I'm glad to see this sticky! Anytime I see an item for sale here or on any forum that says "lower 48 only" I inform the poster that USPS Flat Rate boxes ship here for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    We do not have UPS ground shipping to Alaska,
    Uh Rich,

You're mistaken on this point.. We have had UPS Ground for 8 years or so.

It's much cheaper than blue or red and it all goes out by air to the closest hub near your destination address, then by truck.

Inbound is truck to the hub then air to Anch then by truck.
    If Obummer is the answer, How stupid was the question?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -----Ronald Reagan

We have shipped Flat Rates there on many an occasion.

Boolit Master

If you get Click-N-Ship you get a discount on shipping flat rate and the delivery confirmation is thrown in at no extra cost. The flat rate envelope is now $4.90 with delivery confirmation to all 50 states. You can send more bulk than in a small flat rate box but you need to wrap things in a couple of layers and tape them good before you put the package into the flat rate envelope. You should also stick the inner package to the outer package so that if the sorting machine rips the envelope open the contents stays with the package.

Now it is $5.05 postage for the envelope
    Last edited by frkelly74; 07-31-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: new pricing

Boolit Bub
    Good to know. I have guilty also of the "Lower 48" thing. Thanks All

guys I will ship to the north pole if someone wants to buy my stuff and is willing to pay the price of shipping only thing is I never get orders from Alaska or Hi wish I did D Crockett

Boolit Master

D Crockett,
    If you have what we want we buy it...Im only 240 miles south of North pole !

Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Master

I am so glad you put this thread up...I hate to see people exclude Alaska and Hawaii .I think it it done unintentionally. USPS covers all of our country......I thought someone said there is 57 states

D Crockett,
    If you have what we want we buy it...Im only 240 miles south of North pole !

Rich
    I'm about 20 miles north of North Pole

Boolit Man
    Hey Sellers,
    Please don't exclude Alaska and Hawaii from being able to purchase from you if you are able to ship USPS especially if you use Flat Rate Boxes...They work for us too at the same price.
    I see so many Items that say "ship to Lower 48 only" and that is cutting us out of deals on swap and sell, and it Irks me.
    I understand if you only ship UPS or Fedex that it is cost prohibitive for us as well as ammo, powder, and primers cannot be mailed, but we are able to receive most anything else and Flat Rate boxes have been a blessing for Us here in the wilderness.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Good reminder. When my daughter was in AK USPS was the only reasonable cost way to ship if it could be sent by mail.

Boolit Buddy
    Anybody know if shipping a rifle by USPS to Hawaii costs more than it would say from NY to CA?

Boolit Master

It would because they add an extra charge for Ak and Hawaii ! Rates are different.

Hey Sellers,
    Please don't exclude Alaska and Hawaii from being able to purchase from you if you are able to ship USPS especially if you use Flat Rate Boxes...They work for us too at the same price.
    I see so many Items that say "ship to Lower 48 only" and that is cutting us out of deals on swap and sell, and it Irks me.
    I understand if you only ship UPS or Fedex that it is cost prohibitive for us as well as ammo, powder, and primers cannot be mailed, but we are able to receive most anything else and Flat Rate boxes have been a blessing for Us here in the wilderness.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Does that go both ways?
    Where is Alaska actually?

Boolit Man
    The last 3 packages I shipped were all to AK.

US possessions should be included. Puerto Rico uses US dollar, same constitution, same usps service.
    Nelson

Boolit Master
    Just move to Texas where everyone smells like strawberries and pee ginger beer. Back to AMERICA by God!!

I know the Texas boys want to say it, I said it for them. All is well, as you were.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

The Flat Rate Boxes are designed by shape to pack the most into a cargo bay. Whether truck, train car, or plane. They do actually have a mandated 75lbs Max on weight, though, I really don't think you could actually get 75lbs into the largest flat rate box...I could be wrong, but if you DO manage to get that much weight into one, PLEASE mark the box as EXTREMELY HEAVY to help keep some poor soul from having a work comp claim.

Btw, I got so sick of people traveling to Hawaii and totally think they are in a foreign country. "Hey, what country is Huh Why Yee in anyways?"
    I always asked them If they needed their passports to fly there...they still didn't get it.

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar
    Max weight is 70 lbs and not 75 lbs in USPS Flat Rate Boxes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast