Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Don't Exclude Alaska and Hawaii if you can ship USPS.

Boolit Master

Please Don't Exclude Alaska and Hawaii if you can ship USPS.

Hey Sellers,
    Please don't exclude Alaska and Hawaii from being able to purchase from you if you are able to ship USPS especially if you use Flat Rate Boxes...They work for us too at the same price.
    I see so many Items that say "ship to Lower 48 only" and that is cutting us out of deals on swap and sell, and it Irks me.
    I understand if you only ship UPS or Fedex that it is cost prohibitive for us as well as ammo, powder, and primers cannot be mailed, but we are able to receive most anything else and Flat Rate boxes have been a blessing for Us here in the wilderness.

Thanks,
    Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Master
    Mooseman right NY to AK 3 days no problem same price!

Banned

I have shipped to Mooseman, in Medium FRB, from Maryland all the way to Alaska for 11.35, def unfair not to write Alaska or Hawaii on the box!

Boolit Buddy
    I'm glad you posted that because I have been operating under a faulty assumption.

I have posted "lower 48 only" myself a time or two. My apologies to folks in those states.

I only ship USPS anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Thanks.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for posting I always see folks that say no shipping to AK or HI unless you pay the extra cost and flat rate is good for the whole USA for the same price.

I just sent a SFRB to SPRINGFIELDM141972 , Valdez AK, and gladly offer what I can to "50 states".
    I admit I was suprised to see it delivered so fast.

Pete

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe the thik Alaska and Hawaii are not part of the United States. Funny thing is when I send stuff to Guam I have to fill out a customs form. I also thought it was part of the U.S. Like USPS says all 50 for the same great price using a flat rate box.
    I keep trying to stay afloat but can't help from shooting holes in my own boat.

Boolit Grand Master

Flat rate works great for this. I had someone wanting to ship to Alaska and it was heavy. I saved him $50, half the price of UPS by telling him about flat rate shipping.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned

I get 60# of lead up here all the time for $11.35 postage. My new mailman Hates me
    My old one was a shooting buddy; she didn't mind delivering the boxes as she knew she'd shoot 20# of it.

I just had an argument with Stormlake Barrels about just this subject.
    They ship USPS priority but wouldn't send to AK.

Boolit Master

Yes you say Flat rate
    but found that other priorty stuff is WAY higher. Try shipping a gun WOW

Moderator Emeritus

I was just assuming they were prejudiced against hula dancing eskimos all this time.
    I'd probably pay good money to see a hula dancing eskimo come to think of it....
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    I'd probably pay good money to see a hula dancing eskimo come to think of it....
    Then you just need to visit anchorage and go to the 'native heritage center'.
    During tourist season they have dancers all the time.
    The native dances look Just like the Hula they wave thier arms just like the hula and wiggle the bottom parts the same too. They just wear furs head to toe while they do it

Boolit Master

Priority mail is still way cheaper than UPS , even for guns.
    NEVER ship Parcel post to Alaska because that takes 6 weeks to 3 months...why I dont know and also PP packages are not trackable I found out.

Thanks Guys !
    Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Mold
    Yup...I have had to "educate" quite a few folks on several different sites...not just Cast Boolits...about using USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes to ship to AK. Most of these folks say: "WOW...I didn't know that!" and complete the transaction just like I lived in the state next door to them. A few have actually said: "I don't want to go to the extra trouble of shipping to AK"! There is no "extra trouble"...just pick up the free flat rate box at the P.O., fill it up with the goods (IF it fits, it ships...price is the same not calculated by weight) and mail it for the very reasonable FRB price! You can add a delivery confirmation sticker for about a buck...that really helps document your side of the story if something goes "awry" during shipment.

Thank you for your time.

al

In Remembrance
    Glad to see this as a sticky. I just hope everyone is better at looking at the stickies than I am. lol

Flatrate and shiptoalaska.com our only saving grace. YES there 50 states!

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks Mooseman! It drives me nuts when I see "shipping CONUS only".
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Shipped scope mount+rings to HI from IN,3days USPS Priorty with tracking, $5.80.

Boolit Buddy
    I saved $84 by using A Large Flat Rate Box to Northern Alaska Village.It was way up in the Artic Circle.Only way to go.Mike
    If I tell you a Rooster can pull a plow You better hook him up

Boolit Master
    I have had some luck convincing businesses to send stuff flat rate rather than UPS ground (what ever that is) to AK. Others just won't send USPS so they don't get my money. And for those that only send to the continental US, please check a map and see if Ak. isn't on the same continent as Florida.

I used to trade on Ammo Brass Trader a lot which would not have been practical without the Flat rate boxes.

I'll bet the post office had no idea lots of folks were actually going to fill flat rate boxes with lead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast