RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Don't Exclude Alaska and Hawaii if you can ship USPS.

Boolit Bub

I consider Hawaii and Alaska as part of the US
    http://www.nra.org/
    MSGT, USAF, Retired

Cast Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE NUKEM View Post
    Does that go both ways?
    Where is Alaska actually?
    Go north into Canada and take a left.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Good info. I usually note CONUS in my ads. Will change my wording. As above said, be careful with guns, ammo, etc. UPS is expensive even for small packages as adult signature is req'd.

Boolit Mold
    I have to say that EVERY time I have shipped FR Boxes to Alaska & Hawaii there has been a problem. I'm just an old logger from New Hampshire, not a bank. I just gave up on shipping to AK & HI.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bendad97 View Post
    I have to say that EVERY time I have shipped FR Boxes to Alaska & Hawaii there has been a problem. I'm just an old logger from New Hampshire, not a bank. I just gave up on shipping to AK & HI.
    And I have shipped to Alaska and Hawaii dozens of times and never had a problem. Odd, isn't it.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    And I have shipped to Alaska and Hawaii dozens of times and never had a problem. Odd, isn't it.
    Same with me...and I have actually had 3 in the last year that was delivered in Alaska, 2 days after being mailed from Ga. Never had a problem with any going to Alaske or Hawaii.

I've lived in Alaska since 1990.... By all means DO use USPS. Flat rate boxes!! I receive shipments that way all the time....
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Grand Master
    I still see postings with CONUS in them.
    To bad because I did want a few of them.
    All would have shipped in a USPS flat rate box.
    Not sure what the problem with excluding AK and HI.
    I reserve the right not to sell to anyone who will not sell to me.
    Seems only fair to me.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bendad97 View Post
    What kind of problem did you have????
    Did you let your post office know about the problem????
    We had a problem with open letters here a while back.
    Talked to the post office guy in charge.
    We made a report that was sent to the main post office.
    I heard they caught the guy.
    It was a worked.

Boolit Master

USPS ships same to both. If it cannot ship USPS the guys in AK and HI should know it and be ready for the charges for FedEx or UPS.

not a vendor any more
    Last edited by D Crockett; 05-19-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Boolit Man
    If does not fit in flat rate box make sure to include "Alaska & Hawaii actual shipping cost" in ad as did a Pay it Forward item on another forum that did not fit in flat rate box but weighed less than five pounds and cost $39 to ship item giving away free to Alaska. Also be very careful if one party lives in small Alaska town where mail originates or ends in remote town only serviced by small aircraft during wimter. Purchased pair of expensive match AR barrels from reliable seller online who replied would get packaged and "snowshoe to road then hitch-hike to closest town that week". Tracking showed it scanned as received his post office two days later then disappeared. His post office claimed they left but was no scan as to when it left or where they went. A week, two weeks then three went by with no scan at any AK post office facility.

My local postal inspector said to consider it lost at 30 days and because shipper didn't describe them as "gun parts" insurance would not cover them. Suddenly after a month from being scanned then it showed up in Seattle five weeks later plus due to snow storm over Rockies and ice storm through OKC to North GA they were lost between depots for over a week two more times. Nine weeks after shipping USPS computer showed them in OKC but instead appeared at my post office whill couter said were between OKC and ATL. May be unfair but will do business in AK but not during winter, if rivers are frozen then airplanes fly at mercy of weather. Rivers melted and many packages move on boats more reliably from past experience. Just be very clear what part of Alaska and what method mail moves whether shipping or receiving if have a time limit. I will ship to or buy from either state after shipping costs are verified, packages are properly insured and after spring melt for remote settlements in AK.
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. 2 Timothy 4:3

Boolit Mold
    Yep, I try explaining this phenomenon to people in the "Lower 48" all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For example, had Blue Cross once tell me to go to the preferred provider. That hospital was in Fairbanks, I live in Southeast Ak. Told them it would take me two days to get there, with a hotel stay both in Anchorage and Fairbanks (both ways) I could see the blank stare over the phone! What a learning experience. Remember, you don't have to be weird to live in the north, but it sure helps. Jim

Boolit Mold
    Now that we all realize that Alaska and Hawaii are well serviced by the USPS, please inform the shipping clerks in New Jersey and Brooklyn that New Mexico is one of the United States. For two decades I had to explain this, or even worse try to track down unreceived orders that were cancelled because, "We don't ship out of the country."

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Priority mail is still way cheaper than UPS , even for guns.
    NEVER ship Parcel post to Alaska because that takes 6 weeks to 3 months...why I dont know and also PP packages are not trackable I found out.

Thanks Guys !
    Rich
    It still takes a very long time when shipping parcel post or media mail.
    But I think there is tracking now.
    I just mailed a package media mail, and got a tracking number.

Boolit Master
    a seller has the right to ship where ever he chooses

Boolit Master

UPS flat rate boxes will ship to Hawaii and Alaska, that is the reason I specify "anywhere a USPSFRB will ship" in any add I put up. Fully 98/99% of everything I ship goes by flat rate box.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123