Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bsa

Boolit Master

I often see Cadets in the $500 plus range that are at best just shooters. Many 303s and 577/450s are in sad condition and prices in the 500 dollar range and above. Good shooters are nearing $900. My recent purchase was $450 which, for this particular gun, I felt was a fair price. I have picked up a couple Greeners for $200, but neither was shootable when I got them and had mechanical issues. Parts for Martinis can be scarce and are crazy priced. An example is recently there were 2 Cadet actions on Gunbroker that were sold for well over $600. I tried for 2 months to find an extractor for my Greener that I converted to 38-55 until I finally made one from scratch out of frustration.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Moderator Emeritus
    That is a nice looking Famous 12 there badgerdd.

I have a soft spot for all these minature rifles having around two dozen in stock at present, I just can't help myself when I see one I buy it. However there isn't much demand for them in the UK so turn over is slow, still I get to shoot them so not really complaining.

For those of you interested in these rifle there is an excellent site dedicated to miniature rifles from The NRA Historic Arms Resource Centre, HARC, which is well worth the time to peruse.

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Site_Map.htm

They also run excellent postal leagues over the winter for these fine old rifles, I'll be shooting prone and standing leagues this year with a 310 cadet. The bigger holes should give me a slight edge as with my eyesight now I need all the help I can get.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post

For those of you interested in these rifle there is an excellent site dedicated to miniature rifles from The NRA Historic Arms Resource Centre, HARC, which is well worth the time to peruse.

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Site_Map.htm

They also run excellent postal leagues over the winter for these fine old rifles, I'll be shooting prone and standing leagues this year with a 310 cadet. The bigger holes should give me a slight edge as with my eyesight now I need all the help I can get.
    Great site Adam. Thank you for posting it. It looks like I'll be doing a lot of reading there.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

I purchased an all original 310 Cadet in fine condition for $450 several years ago here in the US. I don't know if that was a good deal or not, but I wanted it. Value is determined by a willing buyer and a willing seller so I guess $450 is its value. I have an old Parker aperture rear sight I think may have been designed for the little Martini but have been hesitant to drill and tap the receiver if it is not a proper sight for the rifle. I'll try to find pics of the sight and post them here for your opinions.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parker-Hale aperture sight 003.jpg   Parker-Hale aperture sight 002.jpg   Parker-Hale aperture sight 004.jpg  
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy

Smile Response to BA Wallace-

Wallace-
    Living here in Kalifornia, everyone thinks we are made of money- I've acquired 4 cadets over the years, and shoot all of them- first one is an all original Westley Richards I had rebored to 357Mag and put new sights on- a lovely shooter she is! She's taken six small deer and many, many small game critters over the years- another is a BSA that came to me "sporterized" with a 2 groove springfield barrel and redfield receiver sight, chambered in 30-30Win, a great cast boolit shooter this one is, and accurate too! The others are "as-issued" BSA in 310Cadet, and continue to shoot in that mild little cartidge at least 4-5 times yearly- folks marvel at the quiet little rifle that shoots so well- I love them all!!
    Today, I would buy any complete Cadet I can find for about $750-$900. I will have to pay $500 for a complete Cadet action today. A far cry from the old days, isn't it?
    Just those fine old adjustable target sights like you have mounted on the tang are going for well over $200 today, or more!
    Supply and demand!
    358wcf

Boolit Master

Speaking of .22 calibre BPCR rifles, I was on Shiloh's website the other day, and they sell a .22 calibre liner that fits into a 45-70 chamber, and is like 16" long or so, and I was wondering how things like that work out? I mean is it a waste of money, or is it an acceptable way to get a .22 single shot without buying another gun?

I know, I know, it's hard to believe one of us wouldn't want to buy another rifle, but between buying this rolling block, and the accessories that go along with it (I just spent right around $100 on a couple of moulds), I don't have that much extra spending money. If it would shoot halfway decent, I might go ahead and buy one.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12