Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever get the "O really" look?

Funny how facts and proof can stare some of these folks right in the face, and STILL they just don't get it.

My old model 70 in .458 win mag usually got used with cast boolits. I cannot tell you how many times I was told I could not do that cuz of lead, and if I did, no accuracy. Yet 3-shot 100 yard groups of about 1.5" with PEEP SIGHTS were the norm and not the exception with cast boolits. Still did not matter: they weren't accepting the facts as they unfolded. Hilarious.

You can't do that.......

First, people are shocked that "civilians" can own machine guns and supressors. Once they get over that, they are stunned that I shoot cast lead bullets in all the submachine guns.
    "....Doesn't it get too hot?....Doesn't the lead melt in the barrel?".....and the like.
    Pretty funny actually.

In Remembrance

New young gunsmith

in my neck of the woods.
    I had him ream my old flattop .357 chamber throats.
    Yes I lost a little sleep wondering if I had made a mistake. If he screws up my cylinder it is all over for that gun.

Turns out he did a great job.

I told him I wanted the throats .358" so I could shoot .360" boolits. He asked where I got bullets that big. Huh! Evidently there was no cast boolit seminar at the school he attended.

Nowadays new guys don't have time or patience to muck with all the details to make lead boolits work.

New guys need to be educated.
    He shoots pins when he can remember it is Wednesday. He shoots factory hardball in a 45 auto. Gots to be expensive. I will give him some of my loads to try.
    I will call him on Wednesday afternoon to give him a heads up.

Funny how my opinion of a man is formed by the work he does. I am begining to like him.

Life is good