Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mihec .22 for air rifles

Boolit Buddy
    Since my last post I got a PM from Airweaver with a message that he asked me to post for him. Apparently he cannot post and therefore can't do his honcho duties. The people in this group buy might need to organize a new honcho.

I do not know Airweaver and can't vouch for him but OTOH I know of no reason to doubt his word, either.

If it is against forum rules to put this here then let me know and i will remove it. I assumed that if Airweaver is still able to send PMs then he is a member in good standing and has not been banned.

Here is the message:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hI...
    I can't post...only i m able to read and send Pm's to the other members because they took from me the posting right.
    I don't know why....every time i tried to communicate with castboolits staff they avoid me without explain the reason...just tell that they do not trust me....so if you dont understand try to find the answer from the Admin....personally i gave up while always avoid me.

if you would like post for me this as a proof

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airweaverbsamp.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	64339

As you can see i have my own mold.I just wanted to share a big idea for the good of community.
    Personally i have not Profit and there is no way to scam someone inside a bullet forum...this is not Ebay.
    I am the founder and tester of this design...Miha is the manufacturer and the one who will get paid.
    I don't see any reason το be called scammer by someone who dont know me.....this is unfair...isnt it?

Airweaver
    Last edited by jethunter; 03-17-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: reworded

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I don't know what had happened that he couldn't send messages here. I just reviewed his profile in the administration area. It was set as member awaiting email confirmation. I reset him as a registered member, and he should be able to post now. Staff had received no messages from him.
    Last edited by waksupi; 03-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Here Iam...
    Actually i was talking with Ken.
    He give me an email to contact him because he was too busy to respond via Pm.
    I sent him an email twice and i was waiting for his reply.
    This situation happen 3-4 months ago.After many attempts to communicate i never received a respond.
    There are too many moderators over here... i was not been able to contact them one by one.

Anyway...I hope this won't happen again.

List updated and we need four to go.
    If i forgot someone let me know.
    Last edited by Airweaver; 03-17-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    "The most difficult thing in the world is to keep your mouth closed the moment you seeing someone doing wrong at something you already know"

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I was being attacked by migraines constantly back then, my bad huh. guess I need to be taken out to the woodshed or whipped in public once or twice.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ken says he did get messages from you, but was unable to decipher them.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Ok...i understand but please tell me that i m not a stupid....if you mean that i am the reason i stayed away for nothing for such a long time ....what can i say...maybe i have to apologize about this...but i m quite sure that i had a dialog with Ken for a while.
    After this ,time get frozen silently....Maybe something was going wrong on my PC..who knows....anyway i hope now you receive my answers because i used to be a ghost.
    Last edited by Airweaver; 03-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    "The most difficult thing in the world is to keep your mouth closed the moment you seeing someone doing wrong at something you already know"

Boolit Buddy
    Add me to the list please.
    jethunter - leadhead58 at gmail daught com - one mould

Boolit Bub
    I have to say I am confused by the diagram for the first pellet design? Airweaver, you say it is a SWC - but it looks like a hollow point? Can you please clear this up? Thankyou, Mark

Its a Keith-Style SWC with convex sides in front and a meplat with 3/8 smaller diameter than the large bearing of the bullet.

Not a classical hollow point at all...just a little tip in the middle of meplat.
    Last edited by Airweaver; 03-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Boolit Master

Airweaver,

Can you tell me what air rifle you have tested your cast pellets out of? Maybe post a picture of a target so we can see what accuracy you are getting?

I think the idea of casting for my Maurader PCP would be great, but I also know how picky air rifles can be in what they like to shoot...

I dont think there are any commercially sold .22 pellets that weight that much - I'd be going from a known accurate 18 grains to 30 - a $100 gamble to see if they work.
    Last edited by Baja_Traveler; 03-19-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Baja, this is the discussion thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...le-bullet-mold

Sometime back, someone here ran across Airweaver's discussion of his designs on an air rifle forum in Europe, which was quite entertaining trying to translate, and informative as it showed how some of the Europeans are making moulds. Maybe someone will chime in with a link if we are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    Airweaver,

Can you tell me what air rifle you have tested your cast pellets out of? Maybe post a picture of a target so we can see what accuracy you are getting?

I think the idea of casting for my Maurader PCP would be great, but I also know how picky air rifles can be in what they like to shoot...

I dont think there are any commercially sold .22 pellets that weight that much - I'd be going from a known accurate 18 grains to 30 - a $100 gamble to see if they work.
    I shoot the latest version of a Daystate AR80 which i modified at 70ft/lbs and a 68ft/lbs modified Theoben Rapid MKII.
    My friend tested on his Royale 400 (modified)and he is still very happy with it.
    Right now i did not archived my latest results but i will as soon as possible after Weathers permitting.
    I know how picky an air rifle can be but this always happen on pellets because they differ on mode of operation.
    Unlike pellets the bullets need high velocities,right size and maybe a silencer or a striper for the big amount of air blast during the exit of bullet on atmosphere.

Please add me to the list, I have several of his other molds and they are very good. Can you also update the list? Do we have enough to get in the que?
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

MightyThor, give me your email to add you on the list.
    After you,we need 2 interests to go.
    Also there is a guy who interest but he won't put his email up in public because where he live there is so much anti-gun hysteria these days and he become sensitive about connecting real-world contact details with his identity on the gun-forums he use.
    That means 1 more interest,but first i have to discuss this with Miha once we get 14 interests in order this guy being the last one who will close the GB.
    ....and yes..i know.
    Miha is one of the best mould makers out there....in our case i think is the right guy for this GB,because he use to make brass molds.
    Brass is better material than aluminium for small calibers because temperature on aluminium molds drop quickly and this is a negative factor while those small cavities are not enough to keep temp to a level,so you have to cast like a mad.
    Iron moulds are even better,but not for those who get bored to maintain their mold preventing from rust and clean them before use .
    Last edited by Airweaver; 04-19-2013 at 01:20 AM.

MightyThor
    stfagen@msn.com
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

Baja, sorry about the delay..I was Just too busy the last weekend.
    I posted that you are asking for here http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...le-bullet-mold

Boolit Master

OK....... I'm in for one mold. Janoosh 357 at G mail dot com.

We need one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Airweaver View Post
    We need one more.
    I will give it a try see what happens, viper mold in .177 was a bust........ But>>>>> OLPDon at A O L dot com
    Don

Boolit Buddy
    Hi,
    Is the buy closed? I have a Marauder with a BSA barrel and a valve capable of delivering enough air to make the required power. Was the FX400 done with an LW barrel or their own Smooth Twist barrel?
    cheers,
    Douglas
    1990 D250, NV5600, Luk 05-101, 16cm housing, TST Kit KDP tab, 366 spring, Powr-Lok'd 3.07, HX35...IC soon
    She wasn't built to travel at the speed a rumour flies

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast