RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee C358-180-RF?

Boolit Buddy

Lee C358-180-RF?

I would love to have one of these. Is another run ever going to be made, or are people pretty much done with them?

EDIT
    ** Lee would not necessarily be the maker -- I know they've been bad to folks in the past**
    Last edited by colonelhogan44; 09-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Banned
    It's been done many a time. The NOE 360-180 is a clone of Glen Larsens original design fom way back when. A good boolit deserves to be copied and they did a good job of it. Swede might have one ready to go....ask him...you might get lucky. Personally I would love to see this design in 2 cavity steel blocks, but I do not have the time or the money for such pursuits at this moment. This boolit is a flatfaced deer killin machine. It does pretty good on gophers too.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought one of the NOE molds and was happy to let it go in a trade after I finally got lucky and scored one of the original Lee/Larsen molds in the Swappin and Sellin. 2 more holes and the cam lever sprue plate are wonderful things.

Boolit Buddy
    I have noticed that many subsequent mould runs, regardless of who's making them, were at the 360 diameter.

My Rossi has a consistent .355 bore, so it'd be nice to grab on of the old ones that are .358 to avoid so much sizing. I can't even chamber a .360 boolit in a 357 case...

I'm jealous, Imashooter. I guess I'm one of the few that likes Lee moulds.

Boolit Grand Master

I have no complaint with the workmanship / quality of the NOE product, but I too lement the trend to vastly oversize molds in the group buys. My NOE mold dropped .3625 in range scrap alloy.

Banned
    I have an original lee 6 holer that casts at .3593 with my 50/50 alloy. It ain't going nowhere anytime soon.

I had the 4 cavity NOE version with hollowpoint and flat pins and basically traded it for labor on a project. The HP's on this design proved to be unneeded folly in my book....but that is just one fellers opinion. I personally would love a good iron mould in this design....maybe someday, someone will run such a thing....maybe.