WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Anyone have a sw380 sigma

Boolit Buddy

Anyone have a sw380 sigma

I'm getting a sw380 sigma in a trade deal and am wondering if anyone here has or has had any experience with this little pocket pistol.
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Master

I briefly had one in 9mm, and did not like it because of the long, heavy trigger pull. JMO
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Buddy
    yes, my BIL has the 9mm and i dont care for its trigger, the ruger sr's are better. but its not like i'm going to shoot this alot.
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Buddy
    no one else has had one of these guns?
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Master
    I had one. I didn't like it. It didn't feed anything but RN ammo, and rarely fed a whole magazine of that without issue. I can't speak to much else. I sold it down the river pretty quick like.

Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear, maybe other folks had good experiences with them. I didn't.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master
    FWIW, in my very limited shooting, the gun performed ok with PMC ball, not at all with Winchester HP's. Not very accurate with either due to a fairly heavy and jerky trigger.

I recommended that the lady who bought it sell it and buy something else.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't think the last comment was necessary, but some people just can't help themselves I guess. I asked for input on the pistol. and constructive opinions are welcome. Dumb-*** remarks I don't need.
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Master
    When I was in law enforcement, this was one of the few small semi autos that was on the approved list for off-duty carry (had to be DAO). I ran the qualifications range and saw quite a few of these run thru their paces. While you will not get target accuracy, these are not target pistols. Their accuracy for self defense is more than adequate. Never saw anyone who was a halfway passable shooter have difficulty qualifying with one of these.
    BTW, I have a spare mag. lying around here somewhere if you are interested in buying another for your pistol. PM me if interested.

As to the previous post, some ignorant comments are best just left alone (easy to say when it's not you being denigrated, I know) Some just cannot resist saying things that they never would dare in a face to face.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

I owned one for about a year when they first came out in the 90s. Trigger was heavy but that was to be understood as it was DAO. Gutter sight picture like on the old ASP I was familiar with. I never had any issues with feeding or extracting in over 200+ rounds. Bought a spare mag and no issues with either magazine. Sold it to my neighbor to fund something else at the time. Only thing I didn't like was a personal peeve was the way the mag was designed with the clips on the mag. It made carrying a flat mag impossible but you could carry the mag without a carry as you only had to hook the clip onto your belt/pocket etc.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Grand Master
    Sir, I take no umbrage, but that statement was merely the truth.

A lady security officer of my acquaintance bought one, and was having trouble with it. Knowing that I was a "gun guy" she asked me to check it out. In firing some 40 rounds, it worked every time with the PMC ball and repeatedly failed to feed the Winchester HP's. As she was contemplating carrying it for self defense, I told her to sell it and buy something more reliable. You spend your money as you like, on what you want. But there is a reason why Smith and Wesson discontinued these guns.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    ok, i thought the lady comment was aimed at me. my apologies if i misunderstood your post.
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Master
    I will toss this out there. Sigmas have gotten better than what they used to be. I've got a 9VE, and it is 10 times better than the Sigmas from the 90s....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy
    I finally got a chance to shoot the sw380 last weekend, not one ftf or fte, it has the awful sigma trigger but other than that not a bad little gun. the sights are pretty much useless, but its not like i'm going to be doing any long range shooting with it either. can't say i got hurt on this deal. thanks for all the input guys.
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear it Kyle. Be careful of the finish on the slide, it's pant over some kind of zinc (I think) alloy, and had come halfway off of the example I had in hand. Good luck with the little gun!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!