Titan ReloadingMCD ProductsRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Collecting Everyday Items For Casting And Reloading...

Collecting Everyday Items For Casting And Reloading...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Those would work well if you bought a couple of 8lb jugs of powder to share with some friends(to help offset hazard fee). Make up appropriate labels and fill bottle. Would line up nicely on a shelf.
    That was my original thought, but I thought I would catch hell for suggesting powder be removed from its original container Does light harm powder? If so I would need to only use the black ones.

They originally contained enzymatic agents, and other fluids used in the laboratory.

Boolit Master
    If you can't figure anything to store in those,
    fill with water, secure cap, set on ground,
    back off 50 yards or so, shoot with .44.

I get a few pallets every year, cut up any good flat parts,
    use the air-stapler to make trays to store ingots.

When we had to throw out our plastic bowl-type salad spinner I saved the bottom to make a strainer for case washing. I use the citric acid/Dawn wash on my cruddy rifle cases, and the inner movable basket makes it easy to get them out of the wash, and rinse them.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

Let me reverse this - shooting stuff used for other purposes. I have a couple old percussion cap cans that I use to carry pain killers or other pills around in my pocket.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010125.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	55943
    Found this at the Goodwill the other day (cocktail shaker). I am always dropping the bullets from my hammer type bullet puller into my powder jug or powder measure when trying to salvage the powder. Should be able to empty it into this, then shake the powder out.

Edit: Tried it yesterday (12/16) with a couple of rounds and it worked great.
    Last edited by dickttx; 12-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.

I use old tires from the local tire shop as a bullet trap, mounted on an old pushmower about 4 high and filled with sand, tip it over into a screen made from our last remodeling project scraps and I have all the lead my friends are nice enough to deposit in there. Also, not very homeware related, but a couple $10 howitzer ammunition tubes serve as spent brass and range lead receptacles, toss in a few silica gel packs (get em outta the electronics and shoe boxes you get this christmas) and youre good to go. If in need of another workbench or range table I cruise the tractor and lawn stores in town and pick up their old shipping crates. Slap on two reenforcements and flip em over, top with an old solid core door and youre set.
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Bub
    I save the pill containers that I get from the pharmacy, & ask for the white snap on non-child proof cap. The smaller diameter ones fit the Star sizing dies with punches with nuts attached. On the lid I write the size of the die and store them in an old metal storage box just big enough that they stand upright so I can see the lids. The bigger diameter bottles have been used to store the Mihec hollow point pins that I'm not using at the moment, again marking the size on the top in permanent marker.

Boolit Mold
    I salvaged the heating base from an electric fondue pot. Works great for warming moulds and keeping them warm.

A Idea found on the forum but worked great, 1.99 golf club shafts from the Good Will make fine cutters for pan lubing and multiple sizes can be had from one shaft.