Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Pedersoli Sharps owners ??

Boolit Master

Lightbulb Pedersoli Sharps owners ??

Does your Sharps rifle have this little lug at the point where the trigger guard hinges?

U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Yes, it's what stops the lever on opening.

Owen

Boolit Master

Thanks, I have a guy on another board claiming Pedersoli never put this lug on their Sharps and mine was the only one he's ever seen.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Buddy
    Just took a look at my Pedersoli Sharps and there is NO lug on the bottom of the lever. Maybe different models have that lug for some reason.

Charlie

Boolit Master

I understand the lug keeps the block from falling to far.
    Have you had jamming problems?
    I could not be happier with mine, it's not a Shiloh or C Sharps but for the price can't be beat.

Boolit Master
    I have two Pedersolis and neither has the notch.
    I know they are made both ways. I thought one was supposed to reflect the action was based on the original percussion model and the other was the 1874 replica.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    The little lug was added to provide a kick to the extractor to eject the empty shell. With a rifle that has this feature trowing the lever open compressed the breach bloc spring a bit more and this when it srings back throws the shell out. If you keep your fingers on the lever the extractor just extract the shell to be removed by your fingers.

In Remembrance
    My lever has the tit on the bottom.
    I have my lever spring adjusted so that when the lever is hanging down, there is no spring tension on it.

When I open the breech, the block drops clear of the chamber and travel stops at the point where no spring tension exists on the lever.
    At this point the extractor has not moved to the rear to pull the cartridge case.
    If I push forward on the lever, the tit bears against the lever spring while the extractor is forced rearward.
    When the empty has been extracted and I release force against the lever, the lever spring (bearing on the tit) returns the lever to it's slack, downward hanging, position.

You can use the lever to function the extractor whether you have the tit or not. But, I prefer to have it, as it performs a function that I use.

BTW ... having no spring tension on the lever when the breech block is fully down makes it super easy to pull, and replace, the takedown pin.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Mold
    Mine does not have it but it is a percussion rifle. Makes sense as there is no ejector.

G

Boolit Master

Pedersoli 45-70

I bought a Pedersoli in 45-70 new in 1993 and the lever on it is smooth,no bump.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Just checked mine - I have the lug. Mine's a Pedersoli Creedmore - great rifle...

Boolit Man
    My Billy Dixon .45-90 Pedersoli has the lug. This gun was proofed in 2004 and sold 2005-06 by Cimarron. It's a great shooter-a great value for the money.