Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mihec .22 air rifle bullet mold

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Airweaver View Post
    Tell me what kind of informations you do need.
    I think the description given above are more than enough.
    For a Condor with a LW barrel i m sure that RNB works like a charm after a velocity adjustment.
    From experience whatever works at LW barrels,work for HW barrels too...not sure for other brands.Also for airguns the polygonal barrels are the best deal for bullets unlike pellets.
    I dont really know about the other design(semi wad-cutter) because i did not tested it,but i have the feeling it should work because it is almost the same like RNB...only nose is different for hunting purposes...Maybe a little bit more drag coefficient cause of flat nose but not something particular due intensely acute angle of deviation.
    I'm quite interested in this too, but a bit doubtful that it would work in my barrels, which are BSA. The main bore diameter is .213 but heavily choked to .210 at the muzzle. What are the LW dimensions that you have, and is there any choke?

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Airweaver I am interested in this mould, I shoot silhouette and have been looking at air rifles for this, top of my short list is the Wiehrauch 100S will this rifle be able to shoot this bullet, I am new airguns, the only one I own is a Morini 162MI pistol, do you have any websites I can do some research on the subject it is a very interesting side track to casting that I would like to pursue. Robert.

Boolit Master
    I won't sign up for any more group buys because they take way too long...but would buy a mold if I could try the bullets first for my Daystate Huntsman XL which is pretty deadly with JSB jumbo 18 grainers shooting 1 hole groups at 40 yds.

Boolit Buddy
    I would be interested in one of these moulds as well....

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Bump

Recently i made a mold by myself and tested both designs.
    I would like to inform you that the RNB weights 30-32.5 gr (depends the alloy and casting temp) and FNB weights 36gr.
    As i told before i was testing only the RNB while i didn't have a mold for the FNB.
    After i made the mold only thing i have to say is that the accuracy of FNB is equal to the RNB....you just need a 70-80ft/lbs airgun to reach at least 920-950fps.
    Daystate AR80 and Talon/Condor (maybe Evanix AR6) easily could do the trick for sure....other manufacturers just need power modifications.

Last edited by Airweaver; 03-18-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    "The most difficult thing in the world is to keep your mouth closed the moment you seeing someone doing wrong at something you already know"

This is the best i can do...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arwvr22.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	69354
    Last edited by Airweaver; 05-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    "The most difficult thing in the world is to keep your mouth closed the moment you seeing someone doing wrong at something you already know"

Boolit Buddy
    I'd be interested...I am playing with a 25 cal Marauder right now and it is getting some final mods to its parts shortly. It is currently able to throw a 53 gr at 76 fpe from 2100 psi...the peak is still at low pressure and 90 FPE is the target for the usual two clip tune... I have the same thing in mind for the 22 Marauder, and want a 30+ gr bullet to throw. Hard .224 are just too big. My BSA barrels are not heavily choked( seat ov pants feel with a rod and pellet ), and I'll need to confirm just exactly what sizing I'd like them to drop at.

Any chance to acquire some 10 BHN/20:1 samples in round nose?
    cheers,
    Douglas

Samples...hmmm..I think you ll miss that train.
    Miha is almost ready for this.
    Even if i wasn't too busy right now,and even i find the time to cast for you ,when that samples will arrive to you, the molds will be cut until then.
    So if you want samples it would be better waiting for a second round of this design with you as a Hotcho trying to collect 15 people in a year.
    I m done with this...I have my own Mold and just want a better quality one...Nothing left to prove..These molds are for you Guys not for me.I have other calibers to spend my time too.
    Last edited by Airweaver; 08-21-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Boolit Master

Bumpy

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    My understanding of the .22 airguns (never have slugged one though) is that they are designed for a projectile of .220" diameter. If that is the case, the projectiles wouldn't be of significant use to cartridge loaders. That doesn't mean that there wouldn't be interest in an airgun projectile, but knowing what it will and wont do will be important.

Are either of the designs you propose hollow based? I assume the larger diameter band is meant to provide the gas seal?

Tell me more. I'm just the kind of person who will spend $100 on a mold that I'll eventually cast a few hundred projectiles from, even though I could have bought those projectiles for $5, much to my wife's chagrin. I just like making my own, and have been getting larger number of decent powered .22 airguns in the last few years.

If one were of a mind to paper patch, this might be of interest!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mikeym1a View Post
    If one were of a mind to paper patch, this might be of interest!
    Mikey,

OOOOooo,, yyyeaah, uhhhh, no.

Might as well try to paper patch a BB, I should think.

Have a look at this:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...uy-Coming-Soon

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Mikey,

OOOOooo,, yyyeaah, uhhhh, no.

Might as well try to paper patch a BB, I should think.

Have a look at this:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...uy-Coming-Soon
    Yeah. The patches would be really small.

Boolit Mold

22 caliber air rifle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Airweaver View Post
    Hello this is my first post here.
    Recently i had a discussion with Mihec for an Airgun bullet..

I provided him some of my own designs and told me that he needs a specific number of interests to cut a mold based on my design.

Usually when someone intend for an exploratory thread about firearm bullets,he give some coded details for the bullet of his preference and a discussion begins about the proposed bullet .

However regarding my case which is airguns there are no "callsigns" except a simply question.

Is there anyone who interests for an airgun bullet mould in order to run a GB?

Below a virtual view of what we are talking about.
    .... .22 caliber,about 30grains,ideal for cartridge loading..

OK so yes im very interested in your design but i would like to see it come with a three handle version much like the six cavety lee molds.the lee molds make casting very quickly and efficently. I would really like to see some hollow points developed as well and when i say hollow points i mean such as so to make explosive rounds. i would ideally like to take a hollowed out round from the tip of the round to just about the base but not all the way through. mix elmers glue with a bunch of strike any were matches heads and you get a explosive paste that you can squeeze into the bullet.
    let me know what you think... and look at the lee molds. the design is exceptional.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by K5RCQ View Post
    OK so yes im very interested in your design but i would like to see it come with a three handle version much like the six cavety lee molds.the lee molds make casting very quickly and efficently. I would really like to see some hollow points developed as well and when i say hollow points i mean such as so to make explosive rounds. i would ideally like to take a hollowed out round from the tip of the round to just about the base but not all the way through. mix elmers glue with a bunch of strike any were matches heads and you get a explosive paste that you can squeeze into the bullet.
    let me know what you think... and look at the lee molds. the design is exceptional.
    I think you're about 5 years too late....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12