MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circiut Judge Ka Boom

Circiut Judge Ka Boom

This is from a thread on our Australian forum. Obviously an overloaded cartridge or barrel obstruction event so the re-loader played a part. This was not with factory ammunition pressures.

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/ind...circuit-judge/

Boolit Master
    I wonder what the cyl. thickness is at it's thinnest point? Looks pretty thin on the inside of cyl!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Uh, wow. And I've got to say, the amount of metal in the cylinder wall is somewhat alarming, modern metallurgy notwithstanding.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    I thought Taurus's were supposed to do that...

Hope the shooter and all bystanders are ok.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Grand Master

The defination of a pipe bomb is a cylinder of metal around a big charge pf powder. That looks like 6 pipe bombs in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    I thought Taurus's were supposed to do that...

Hope the shooter and all bystanders are ok.

The Circuit Judge is made by Rossi, not Taurus.

Boolit Grand Master
    Since this is the carbine version, one wonders what happened to the guy's left hand.

Boolit Master
    I know I'm an Ol'Coot, but ----------------------

I come down on the side of strength and integrity on firearms, and simply put, some of what is being sold does not qualify.

Now, other problems can cause these situations, but there are still some out there, no matter what caused this situation which I won't buy, Rossi and Taurus being two of them.

The question is why waste your money when there are quality arms available?

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
    Last edited by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot; 09-11-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Boolit Master
    All jokes aside, I have a couple Rossi lever-actions. and they're great little rifles. I have had a few Taurus revolvers, and they were good too til they wore out prematurely and Taurus wouldn't honor their warranty, so I know that they two brands CAN make quality guns, but what gets me is that they make the good ones side by side with the junk like this that is a threat to anyone holding it. Makes me think that if this keeps on, there may come a day when we have to look at specific models from any brand as good or bad.

Does anyone have any information on how the shooter is? I would hope for no injuries, or minor at most, but have to wonder with that disassembly job.

Boolit Master
    In the post he said brother in law filled case and put bullet in after both were at the "PUB" how can that be all Rossi's fault? not saying I would buy one but "PUB" and "GUNPOWDER" do not mix.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    If that is the case, then I would agree with you, and take it a little further. That level of stupid isn't Rissi's fault at all. If this is the case, then this one is COMPLETELY on the stupid drunk and no one else is even partly to blame.

Boolit Master
    Amazing how many people totally ignorant of the facts weigh in lambasting the gun maker. Then when said facts come forth, no mia culpas. they just flit away to do the same damage elsewhere.

Boolit Master
    Hangfire,
    I see your point, and unfortunately have to agree and admit being guilty. At least in my case, I have a serious prejudice against the Judge revolver and any other brand that has put out the same basic gun. I just think they took the worst ideas and combined them in one gun while throwing out the good characteristics that could have been used in this project of theirs. To be fair, they are handicapped by laws forbidding the use of smoothbored barrels less that 18" long, and I think this is one of the main problems, but they knew the limitations this would cause and proceeded to put this thing on the market anyway, and I just think they should have known better.

Boolit Master
    My 71 year old wife has a Taurus Judge with 3" cylinder. I was leery when she first bought it, but no more, .45 Colt 255 grainer will put them center mass at 50 yards, with triple ought buck it is devastating out to about 15 yards and with #4 shot will roll a bunny at 25 yards. So what is there not too like, oh, it is just a barrel of fun too, not to mention she sleeps with it shot and ball under her pillow.

Hangfire - Good picture and post.
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master
    Hangfire,
    I really miss that area. Spent some time there, and really liked it.

Boolit Master
    Then there is the friend I was with when he first fired his new "Judge" at which time it locked up solid and wouldn't function again.

He took it back for a return of his money, and the dealer gave him a NEW replacement, which then Don took out to test.

Hmmmmmmmm! This one also locked up and quit the first time out.

Back to the dealer and this time he left with his money.

I've heard it said, by a dealer as I recall, that the Taurus is a pretty good gun once it has returned after the factory repair.

Buy them if you wish, but I have no plans to bet my life on a brand of firearms with that kind of a reputation.

Buy what floats your boat, but that won't be Taurus at this house. I have too many good ones already on hand, that work! Every last one of them!

The Very Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Mold
    I have a taurus 38 and have never had a problem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot View Post
    Then there is the friend I was with when he first fired his new "Judge" at which time it locked up solid and wouldn't function again.

He took it back for a return of his money, and the dealer gave him a NEW replacement, which then Don took out to test.

Hmmmmmmmm! This one also locked up and quit the first time out.

Back to the dealer and this time he left with his money.

I've heard it said, by a dealer as I recall, that the Taurus is a pretty good gun once it has returned after the factory repair.

Buy them if you wish, but I have no plans to bet my life on a brand of firearms with that kind of a reputation.

Buy what floats your boat, but that won't be Taurus at this house. I have too many good ones already on hand, that work! Every last one of them!

The Very Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Give the makes and models of those good guns of your that work each and everytime and open them up for critique.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    Hangfire,
    I really miss that area. Spent some time there, and really liked it.
    I took early retirement in 1991 and we settled here, unlimited desert and lots of water is what done the trick for us.

http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.c...o_Gallery.html

http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.com/Index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast