Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Load data for 00 buck

I cast my own 00 shot and got the mold from Sharp Shooter that they where selling on Ebay and they tell to get the cutter that they use for doing Jewery I got them from walmart in the crafts part and then I put them in a roller that I got from Dexie gunworks that you use to roll your balls for muzzle loader and then I load them in place of the bird shot.I have no problem .I try it with out roll them like I stated the shot went all over no patten and then after i roll them I have a set patten.Hope this will help someone.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    What alloy are you guys making your buckshot out of??
    hello.

Boolit Master
    I've been using my mystery metal which was recently analyzed as 2.5Sb, 2.5Bi
    It's maybe 11BHN. I like it like this. Not too hard, not too soft. It's fairly ductile and deforms on impact. I get really good patterns with this "not so much a mystery metal anymore" alloy.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Mold
    I ran my mold [Lee 00 buck] and I had a heck of a time with it.
    I could not seem to get it hot enough.
    When I would pour[Lyman 20# pot set as high as it would go] The first top row would fill,and the 2 bottom
    cavities would get mushroom looking ball in them.
    I floated the mold in the lead,till it was so hot,the first pour,seemed to take 2 or 3 minutes for the lead to set up.
    As soon as it set up ,I immediately poured a 2nd pour,and got the same resultsas above.
    I had allready used a match[use fireplace matches,they burn a long time,and no burnt fingers from touching the mold] so the molds had plenty of soot in them.
    The only 3 ball strings I got,were when the mold was not closed tight,and there were slight fins on the shot.
    Any one else have this problem with these molds?
    I have a #4 mold on back order,and wonder if this large a shot will not form,what problems will I have with
    the #4 mold?
    If this 00 mold would not have been borrowed,I would have tried to vent the mold some more.

Boolit Mold
    I tried the suggested dog toenail clippers on 00 Buck this AM. Good Idea !
    I had to grind the front of them away some,to be able to get the strips in.
    When I tried a utility knife,the balls would shoot across my loading room.
    Using a small pair of side cutters,it would leave extra dents in the balls.
    When I finished cutting them apart,I put them in a rock tumbler I have, to try and round off the sprues some. [ I put them in dry ,no abrasive,no graphite]
    1 hour gave me a shiny finish,that looked like ball bearings,but the sprues still looked flat,after 2 to 3 hrs,they look darker color,like store bought buckshot,and the sprues were rounded off pretty well.
    I left a load in overnight,and it did not improve the sprues any. They look the same as the 3 hr loads do.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    I am using Lyman Shotshell Book 5th edition

Win AA red hull

9 pellets of nickel plated 00bk from BP

32gr of SR 7625

Win 209 primer

Win WAA12R wad

BP 12G overshot card

listed vel is1450 fps at 11,000 psi

Sweet load and little recoil.

Load at 3 per layer and 3 high

I use the 8pt crimp with no problem.
    The WAA12R are , at least I was told has discontinued . If you have a led on them please PM me or e-mail: tv jr 42 at gmail . com

Thanks !! Teddy

Boolit Grand Master
    The clone wad makers offer an equivalent, so you can still get the same wad, pretty much.

http://www.claybusterwads.com/index....nchester-style

Boolit Mold
    The WAA12R wads are straight inside from top to bottom.
    The claybusters taper from top and thicker at the bottom, so when you load lyman sabot slugs,they push down into the wad,and put a slight bulge in the OD of the case. My savage feeds them fine,but my 870 you have to push hard to get them to chamber,so I guess they would up the pressure.
    The WAA wads when picked up,are intact,even the ones shot through a Mod.choke.
    The Claybusters shed the petals,even on a Cyl. bore.
    I wish when someone makes a ''replacement''wad ,it would be the same exact specs. ,NOT similar to the original.
    I tried to put a 20 ga card wad in the bottom of the wad to keep it from bulging,but the hull would not crimp.

Boolit Bub
    i have the flite control wads for sale at .06cents ea. if interested contact me ddhotbot@hotmail.com thanks don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12