RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: case cleaning

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kokomokid View Post
    Cement mixer worked great but case mouths all got belled to the inside.
    You may be running the mixer too long. Removing the dirt takes longer than the citric acid bath, which only needs to turn a round or so every 5 minutes.
    I didn't have occasion to do many (heavy) rifle calibers, but .223 and hand gun calibers worked OK.
    There also may be a difference in how big a load your doing. I usually waited till I had a 5 gal bucket to do.

yepper my new system is great. i dump my cases in the ultrasonic magnum for 15 minutes...blackpowder fouled...and do other things while this is going on. after i rinse em in HOT water and pat dry with a towel...then into the vibrator for the shine.

every crevis is clean and every crevis is shiney like a new case. this with no scrubbing or brushing and best of all i can do other things while this process is accuring.

what a nice addition to my stuff. and yes the clean n shiney is needed for this shooter as ive been surprised with hidden cracks before hiding under the stains on uncleaned [unshined] cases so i am particular with my inspection and the cleaning thusly gives me ample opertunity to examine them in depth...again...best addition for awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12