Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Sure That would be Great

76 89.41%
  • No We don't need no Big Guns

10 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll for a Cannon Section in Muzzle Loading are ??

Cannon's & Mortars ClassicCannons's Avatar

Poll for a Cannon & Mortars Section in Muzzle Loading are ??

Hay You all
    This is just a thought.
    Would any of you be interested in a Cannon & Mortar area here in the Muzzle loading area fo people to check out their other forms of this Hobby.

I know their are many good forums here on the internet but this would give the opportunity for those of you that Reload and shoot But to join a whole new forum and make new friends their also is a hassle.

This area would be for people to show off their Toys as such while enjoying the benefits of staying put in the Cast Boolits Arena that you have become so familiar with.

This is only a suggestion that i guess only Management here can make but i think a Poll is a good start to find out if their is any interest for those that also
    Like a Lot of Fire & Smoke

How ever this would not be a area that show people how to Make em Nor give advice on making them its only for people that already have them and would like to Show off and let other users comment on their toys as such. Like i mentioned earlier their are other forums that just for that.

And Management would you consider this if we get like lets say 25 votes in the Yes Poll

Last edited by ClassicCannons; 08-18-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Had to add Mortars

Great, but it should be called “Cannons & Mortars”. Don’t leave out little brother.

Of Course they are my favorite Flavor
    Quote Originally Posted by 500Smith View Post
    Great, but it should be called “Cannons & Mortars”. Don’t leave out little brother.

all for it...

combine my shooting interests here
    NRA Life Member
    member South County Rod & Gun Club

Boolit Buddy
    Count me in. I like to hear how other people annoy their neighbors, Legally that is.

Boolit Mold
    Yes let's see it!!!

Boolit Master
    Yes! I have a empty oxygen tank calling my name... I'd just love to be able to bounce ideas off you guys.

Boolit Master

like it i have made a thunder mug would like to go bigger
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Hey Ho! Canons go go. I have a dream of owning an 1846 mountain howitzer.

Thumbs up Theirs one up for bid here on the donation section

Hay Their
    Their a 1/6 Scale one up on the block here for a donation to the server fund If your interested all you need to do is make a base and also its a 2 for 1 deal with free key-chains also in Parrot and Napoleons

The link is

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=161476

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    Hey Ho! Canons go go. I have a dream of owning an 1846 mountain howitzer.

I would say if there is enough interest why not. But how about making it a carriage gun section? You could include other things such as gatling guns Maxim Machine guns

Boolit Master

Heck I say go for it. I know I love looking at old Artillery pieces, and watching them shoot.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

I say yes. But I would like info on building and maintaining them.
    Garbear
    Garbear

Sure Why not

Hay thats a good idea
    I was working one a long time ago but gave up on it because i couldn't get enough info on. But justly i found the AOP books and they have the drawing on one. So perhaps it will materlize now. I guess if the members here come up with a Name like

Cannon's Mortars & Carriage Gun's Section

I guess we could do a poll also on the name lets say 2 weeks before this poll ends if the admin agree's with the new section.

So far it's looking good on the vote's i'd say but we need to figure out a way to add image's here that is easy to do. I guess we could use our own photo gallery that Cast boolits give us. And we could have Photo Contest on the cannons that we have like lets say every 90 day the way it would work is have a poll and the members here vote on the best one an if their are any Vendor members they could off a free item that they make. I'll offer a free GolfBall Mortar after i get paid up here as a Vendor member.

PM me any of your Ideas on this it's looking good so far

Also to add a Image go to your Image hosting button in your tool bar above and add you image and then click on it an the under the image their's a url code just copy & Paste it in your post.

Here's a still of a 1" Cannon that i have on youtube and the Video Below I had made this one around 3 years ago . Boy was she a barker

Click on the link below to see the video Thanks AMG

http://youtu.be/jjw-EbvKSqw

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    I would say if there is enough interest why not. But how about making it a carriage gun section? You could include other things such as gatling guns Maxim Machine guns
    Last edited by ClassicCannons; 08-19-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: adding photo

I got a bowling ball

I'd like to make one to but firing it is expensive tho I juts picked up a Bowling ball at the thrift shop for .99 good price and i guess thats the first step to one. So if you decide to make one check out you local junk shops for them i had seen them often here for like 2.99 at good will all the way down to .99 at the DAV store. Thanks AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    Yes! I have a empty oxygen tank calling my name... I'd just love to be able to bounce ideas off you guys.

Building them

Hi Their
    As far as building them their are a vast majority of websites on building them on the web.

But i think Admin would be against posting on the thread on how to build them for leagle reasons and such.

But the thread would be good for posting on how to clean & to maintaning them which is as simple as caring for you Muzzle loading Firearms since it's basicly the same methode of firing them.

And we should stand clear of any cartiage loading cannons also such as shot gun ammo unless you have a letter from the BATF.

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    I say yes. But I would like info on building and maintaining them.
    Garbear

Luck Dawg13 Thunder Mug

Boy Lucky Dawg 13 Your image was a pain to get to upload I tried to put it in my album here but it kept coming up error not an image so i had to resize it smaller and here it is thanks for sharing it with use i think the problem was the image size at 5+ mb

Also its just a Thought i'd put a base on that you wouldn't want that falling over. I have some 5" dia by .250 thick disc i can send you just pm me your address its free just weld it to the bottom it has a hole in the center for doing that it's what i used for my small mugs

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    like it i have made a thunder mug would like to go bigger
    Last edited by ClassicCannons; 08-19-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Boolit Master

thanks for the offer i have a piece of steel for the base sorry about the size of the pick
    and thanks for posting for me its a hoot to shoot with 600gr of Black powder
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

I love my Cannon I built at the Machine shop one winter. It shoots 1 pound cannonball sinkers or Golf balls. Puts em outta sight.
    Eventually, I am gonna work on one that shoots old oil cans full of cement when things slow down .

Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Thumbs up 600 Grains IS Good

If i recall right the gb mortar i made shoot around that it can be heard for Miles even better on a really cold morning like when i did it You welcome on the Picture
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    thanks for the offer i have a piece of steel for the base sorry about the size of the pick
    and thanks for posting for me its a hoot to shoot with 600gr of Black powder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast