Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What happened to Remington?

Boolit Master
    It was my impression that for cheap bulk 22LR ammo, Remington was to be avoided and Federal sought out.

Should the very unlikely ever happen, I trust my life with the Remington Golden Sabers in 9mm carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I was chatting with a few guys the other day at the range and the conversation drifted to Remington. Suddenly, all in attendance were crying the falacies of buying anything with that brand stamp on it.

One guy was talking about how sorry their ammo has become and all were agreeing and sharing testimony in suit. The guy that started about the ammo walked over to his truck, messed around for a minute and came back with a 10-22.

"Come 'ere, Jim." He switched the condition light to hot, announced the range was hot and we all muffed up. He handed me the 10-22 with what looked like an extended magazine and said "Here, just shoot at the berm and tell me if you notice anything unusual."

I took the rifle, pulled the bolt back, and began firing at the berm. Bang, bang, bang, pop, bang, bang, BANG!

I stopped and looked at him as if to say "what th'....." He said "That's Remington ammo."

Boolit Master

LuvMy1911 Thanks for that info i just bought some after a past problem (about 2000) now i am wondering if that was smart? I had some back then that would stick in my revolvers barrel they fired from rifle but some were noticeably quieter probably subsonic. The gut i contacted at Remington with the information seemed a bit rude as i was just informing them of the problem not asking for a exchange or refund.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    I posted above about the rem 22 golden bullet being fine in some rifles and pistols my buddy and I shoot at our range. About a month ago I purchased an old ruger standard model semi auto made in 1957. It jams bad with rem golden bullet. I put cci mini mags through it with out any incidents of any kind. I spoke too soon.

Boolit Bub

I LOVE my Remington rimfire - that is to say, my 37, 40X, 513T, 521T, and 581-S. Sounds like I need to keep sticking with what they made last century.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234