WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sears model 100

Boolit Master

Sears model 100

Picked up an old Ted Williams Sears & Roebuck model 100 today. Paid $180 for it. Seems like a smooth operating rifle. I does have a little pitting on the right side of the barrel and reciever. Looks like the rifle sat on it's side in something damp maybe. It was cleaned up good and I don't mind. The wood is very good.
    I understand it is a Winchester manufacture, but is it different in anyway to a model 94?
    I'm guessing it was made around the mid 60's, but any info would be welcome. Bore is nice and bright.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Grand Master
    The one I had had very blocky rifle type nose cap instead of a forearm band; and the sights looked like something that should have been on a .22 instead of a centerfire.

With that said, my nephew has killed several deer with it over the last four or five years.

Robert

In Remebrance

A post 64 Win 94. I had one, nice enough for what it was. Far as I know everything interchanges with the other 9 billion post 64 94's.

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    Picked up an old Ted Williams Sears & Roebuck model 100 today. Paid $180 for it. Seems like a smooth operating rifle. I does have a little pitting on the right side of the barrel and reciever. Looks like the rifle sat on it's side in something damp maybe. It was cleaned up good and I don't mind. The wood is very good.
    I understand it is a Winchester manufacture, but is it different in anyway to a model 94?
    I'm guessing it was made around the mid 60's, but any info would be welcome. Bore is nice and bright.
    Right after I got out of the Army in 1969 I worked for a couple of years for Winchester in New Haven--at the ammo plant that they had there. Often I had to go through Model 94 assembly areas, and I'd walk by row after row of plain-jane 94's, sickening-looking commemoratives, and those Ted Williams versions. The only difference I could notice in the Ted Williams pieces was that the magazine tube was slightly shorter than most every other 94 in those seemlessly endless racks of leverguns. There may have been other cosmetic differences, but at the time I was only passing by on my way to another office and really didn't stop to ask. What you have should be as good a shooter as any other 94 of that era.

Boolit Master
    Good to know guys. Yeah, the rear sights are the cheesy stepped slider ramp type found on 22's with a buckhorn notch. The magazine tube is about an inch short of the barrel, like jlchucker said.
    Since I already load 30 Herrett and 7-30 waters, I did not need an excuse to buy a 30-30.
    Got dies on order today, and I already have the Lee C309-150-F mold. Should be good to go. Still have to slug it though.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.

Boolit Buddy
    I found a Ted Williams 100 at a gunshow that was externally covered with pitting. It sat around for awhile until I decided that I wanted a 44-40. Bought a genuine Winchester 44-40 barrel kit from Numrich and everything mounted right up. The kit (cartridge guides & follower) was ****. I ended up buying the parts from Winchester/Browning for a post 94 45 Colt. It functions and shoots like a dream.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly View Post
    I found a Ted Williams 100 at a gunshow that was externally covered with pitting. It sat around for awhile until I decided that I wanted a 44-40. Bought a genuine Winchester 44-40 barrel kit from Numrich and everything mounted right up. The kit (cartridge guides & follower) was ****. I ended up buying the parts from Winchester/Browning for a post 94 45 Colt. It functions and shoots like a dream.
    Oh no....don't get me thinkin'.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    Oh no....don't get me thinkin'.

I dunno, I like the way he thinks. I've had excellent (but limited) experience with Winchester on parts and won't hesitate to go down that road again.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly View Post
    Browsing old posts is dangerous to your pocket...now you get me thinking...