WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Help me find a post please

Help me find a post please

OK, I remember reading a post in this forum where one of you guys either had done or does work on the SKS triggers. I want to think from Texas maybe. I prepairing to have my SKS updated and would like to have some work done. I'm looking for a trigger job and a spring added to my firing pin. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

This might be the guy you're thinking about...
    http://www.kivaari.com/

He did a trigger for me years ago, really improved it!

That"s the one, thanks. Now to get my bolt up graded and a new stock. I'll be set.
    Thanks again, Jim

Boolit Mold
    I have heard/read that Kivaari does very good work, and I believe it. But Murray's Gunsmithing, also in Texas, might be who you are thinking of. He also does SKS trigger jobs, but he sells an improved firing pin with return spring, as well. I just got my trigger group back from Murray's, along with a firing pin and spring, and I am very pleased. Mr. Murry took the time to answer my questions, did good work, and even returned my old parts. I think Kivaari would be equally good to work with, but I don't think he does the firing pin thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbous View Post
    I have heard/read that Kivaari does very good work, and I believe it. But Murray's Gunsmithing, also in Texas, might be who you are thinking of. He also does SKS trigger jobs, but he sells an improved firing pin with return spring, as well. I just got my trigger group back from Murray's, along with a firing pin and spring, and I am very pleased. Mr. Murry took the time to answer my questions, did good work, and even returned my old parts. I think Kivaari would be equally good to work with, but I don't think he does the firing pin thing.
    If you don't mind me asking. How much did the work set you back?

Boolit Mold
    New sear with installation, tuning, and new springs: $62
    Stainless firing pin with spring and extra spring: $37
    Return Shipping: $5
    Total: $104

All old parts were returned to me in the package. If you want, he will install the new firing pin for you for (I think) $10, but it's pretty easy to do yourself.

It seems that most SKS's come with somewhat unsafe sear engagement, so I felt that the trigger/sear work was a necessity. The firing pin is nice and adds an extra margin of safety, but I don't feel that it is as neccesary. All the details are on his site, murraysguns.com.
    There is also a lot of good info on Tom Prince's Kivaari site, kivaari.com, including details of how to tell if your sear engagement is safe or not.