RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Am I The Only One?

Boolit Master

Am I The Only One?

Hello everyone. When I first heard about the then new Henry company was coming out with a new .22 rifle..based on the original Henry rifle I got excited! It didn't last long, once I saw the new rifle.
    Now I ask you guys..what would be more cool..and really an authentic 50% caliber rimfire..than a copy of the original .44 Henry rimfire only in .22? Few years ago, I came across a used .22 L.R. Uberti full sized 66' rifle..this thing was heavy! full oct. 24" brl..brass frame..it sure was a looker..I slept on it..and when I went back..it was gone. But an authentic real brass frame (or iron) forendless Henry would be nice!

Boolit Master
    My nephew got a Henry .22. Not my style. I think they're popular though. Give me a nice ol' Model 39 any day.

Boolit Master
    I love my early '70s 9422, but I would dearly like to see Uberti release a proper .22lr 1873 carbine, like their 19" carbines, a 16" version would be cool too.

They had one out a long time ago but made several errors as I understood it, like wrong kind of rifling for .22lr, so accuracy was abysmal a lot of the time.

FWIW, Henry Repeating Arms will be introducing a replica of the original Henry Rifle in late 2012 (chambering unk).

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...nry+model+1860

Here is a copy/paste of the email, received by someone from another board....

Thank you for your interest.
    The 1860 model is due to start shipping toward the end of the year, likely November.

Best Regards,
    Thomas Kotz
    Customer Service Supervisor & Export Manager
    Henry Repeating Arms Company
    59 East 1st Street
    Bayonne,NJ 07002
    Tel. (201) 858 4400
    Fax (201) 858 4435

"Henry Rifles Will Be Made In America or They Won't Be Made At All"
    "Load On Sunday,Shoot All Week Long"
    "Made in America and Priced Right"

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Well, be'in an Ol'Coot and not much in to replicas, and still waiting for jury on Henrys, I wonder ---------------.

Now, sure NOT in any way bad mouthing someones selection of a Henry rifle, but just not sure they have proved themselves over the long term as yet.

We have the Tarus fire arms which have a following, but I have seen a new out of the box handgun of that brand freeze up on the first time out, only to be replaced with like type and kind which also froze up the first time out.

Not comparing the one brand against the other, but I won't be buying anything of the tarus brand any time soon, and as said, the jury is still out on the Henry.

I might buy in sooner or give it a try if I was big into lever actions, but that is not the case, and again not bad mouthing those that are. Just sitting back and letting others take those first steps.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

the jury is still out on the Henry
    Yeah, the Henry's have been very successful for only about 10 years (give/take)...................

Think "the jury" will decide before you go for the Dirt Nap ?

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    pietro,

Have a couple friend with Henrys, one of which is a bit picky as per firearm quality.

He has bought his within about the last month, so will be watching his results.

Henry, because of the type of arms they are currently marketing, doesn't come up a lot on my screen. This is not a negative towards Henry, just the fact that currently they aren't marketing what rings my bell.

So, for the present, it will be wait. watch and read the reports for me.

CDOC

I hate to admit it but I am a .22 snob I usually shoot either a original Kimber of Oregon .22 or a Anchutz for plinking, now and then I use a Browning .22 because lever actions are cool. I just bought a used large loop Henry .22 because...yes its a toy but it looked cool and was less than 200.00 out the door, anyway I took it out plinking and that Henry was smooth as butter and shot right on the button. It is really quite a deal for the little money it costs.

Boolit Master
    Not about your Henry .22, but Henry's in general.

On the Marlinowners forum, there is a Henry 45/70 lever gun pictured, which is getting a bunch of flack.

Seems to me at least part if not all the flack is deserved for some of their design and quality.

One thing which is standing out is a mag tube which must be opened and filled from the front like a .22.

Seems this could be termed a design flaw! It is not getting good reviews and from a long ago bolt action .410 with just such a mag. I'd sure question the integrity.

Cheaper to produce, but?

As said, I'm hanging back and watching.

Nothing in the Henry line up ringing my bell at this point.

CDOC