RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: lightweight red-dot

Boolit Master

lightweight red-dot

So, I'm not looking for the most accurate red-dot out there, but I'd like a new pointer for my 10-22/AA2 as the one I have isn't doing so great currently.

What is everyone's favorite sub-$100 red-dot that is light-weight?

I don't imagine I'll be using it on anything other than a .22, if that makes a difference.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

Bushnell Trophy they have 4 reticules but as has been said here pick one and sight it in using that one as POI will change switching back and forth. At shorter distances does not make much difference though. These sell for around a 100 dollars and was the first red dot I found from some of the other cheaper ones I had that actually worked well> I was not a fan or red dots before I got this one. I have it on a S&W 22A handgun and it works great.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master
    Go to Wally World (or order from online site) Tasco RD22 red dot $32.It has mount for airgun /22 .I have 2.One on Daisy 747 pistol and one on Benjamin 397.Can take shotgun recoil.

Boolit Master

Daisy 747 with Tasco RD22

Pic of scope

Boolit Master

A+ on the lil tasco I have them on a 22 rifle & a air pistol ! a excellent scope for the money , but tascos were allways a good value over the years . i have several more Tascos as well as Ultradot , Aimpoints , Redfields , Burris , Trijucons and Pride/Fowler not counting some other brands ive gotten rid of.
    I guess you would say im a red dot junkie ! because they work and i cant see the irons well enough to shoot my best.

Boolit Master

I have one of those $30. Tasco's myself. I had it on a .357 for a bit and it's been on my Buckmark 5.5 target for about 5 yrs. When I bought it I put it in the vise at work and did the "box" test where you go up,right,down, and left. I was impressed that it always went to the original zero.

As far as something a little lighter the Millet 1" Red dot is smaller and lighter. I have one on my .38 spl that I use in Hunters pistol. They are in the $60-70 range.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

I have some of those wally world red dot's on my stuff and work fine.

Boolit Mold
    UltraDoT is a good one but it's outside of your budget.

Boolit Bub
    I have a BSA RD20 on my S&W 22A. It's so light that it really doesn't change the balance. It has a very small dot which is nice for prescision and IIRC I paid under 60 bucks for it. In fact with as cheap as I am I know I didn't pay more than that.
    I also have an XTA 1X20 that I paid about 30 bucks for at a gunshow a long time ago. I'm sure it's the same chinese company that makes NcStar. I've had it on everything up to a 357 mag contender and it works great.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the recommendations guys, I ended up with a NCstar "micro tactical reflex" site. I'll test it the next time I go shooting, but so far it seems decent. It was about $50 with tax. I could have bought cheaper online, but I found it locally, and really wanted it.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!