RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 7mm Thor AKA Ideal 287377 Flat nose, 135 grains

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyOnThePaper View Post
    Wow, I got up thinking we were still at 17 (night shift) and was about to suggest that if all the guys ordering 4 cav's would change to 2-2 cav's we'd be good to go...now I have to decide if I want to upgrade

Randy
    Well Randy, you could order 2-2 cavity molds for the greater good.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 09-04-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

verification here... jixxerbill64 at the yahoo....i decided to go with the .289 dia for sure , 1 -2 cavity gc mold....bill
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jixxerbill View Post
    verification here... jixxerbill64 at the yahoo....i decided to go with the .289 dia for sure , 1 -2 cavity gc mold....bill
    Duly noted and changed in the list. Thanks.

Edd

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by badgeredd View Post
    Well Randy, you could order 2 2 cavity molds for the greater good.

Edd
    Lol, now I don't need to, we made 20

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyOnThePaper View Post
    Lol, now I don't need to, we made 20
    I've got your best interests at heart...trust me!

Figured I could help you spend some of that shift premium on good toys.

Edd

Boolit Master

Talking

I would like 1-4 cavity + 1 set handles
    That makes 20

I will take 1-4 cavity + 1 set of handles
    High Hook

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    I would like 1-4 cavity + 1 set handles
    That makes 20
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Highhook;
    I will take 1-4 cavity + 1 set of handles

Edd

Boolit Master

LAST CALL!!!!! The buy will close at midnight EDT tomorrow, Sept. 7, 2012. If you've been trying to decide, ya' best get it done or miss out. If all goes well these molds should be delivered in approximately 3 months.

Edd

Banned
    EDD

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS.

If all goes well I will have a field report on deer from the mold you modified for me sometime around the delivery date from Ballisticast.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    EDD

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS.

If all goes well I will have a field report on deer from the mold you modified for me sometime around the delivery date from Ballisticast.
    That'll be a good thing. I can almost hear the boolit "SMACK!" In a way it would have been nice to have that report earlier but I 'spect that Mr. DNR would have been a bit put out by such antics.

Edd

Boolit Master

THIS GROUP BUY IS CLOSED!

I'll be sending PMs to each buyer with a total this evening.

We are on our way to getting a new mold for a new design.

Edd

Boolit Master
    I'm READY!

Boolit Master

I've sent most of you a PM with your cost and anything else I could think of to alleviate any questions. Please get your payment to me by 17 Sept 2012. Paypal is an option, but please understand the addition of a 4% surcharge to cover paypal fees.

Thank you all for making my first attempt at as a Honcho for a Group Buy fairly easy thus far.

Edd

Boolit Man

A big thankyou to Edd

Thanks for all your work on this.....a very smooth process for everyone.Am excited to get this mold.......and all up the whole process has been fast as well.

Payment just sent via Paypal.Regards Peter.
    Last edited by peterthevet; 09-10-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

Boolit Buddy

EDD

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS. :
    What he said!!!!

Boolit Master

PLEASE...

Please send me a PM or email with your handle, your shipping address, what you ordered, Payment will need to be sent to me at the above address including your CastBoolit handle and the number of molds and cavity count.

I need this information from those that haven't done so as yet. It is the only way I can correctly keep molds, names, and Castboolit handles straight. Call me slow if you want but please reply with the information guys.

Edd

Banned
    A couple of members here got a pretty good demonstration of this boolits potential @ 2510FPS from my tender carbine yesterday. I think they were happy with it, and the members that got in on this buy should count themselves fortunate that Edd was willing to do this buy for them....and himself. I also know that between Edd's 7mm-08 and my 7TCU his steel shooting plate needs an upgrade/replacement now.

Boolit Master
    A couple of members here got a pretty good demonstration of this boolits potential @ 2510FPS from my tender carbine yesterday. I think they were happy with it, and the members that got in on this buy should count themselves fortunate that Edd was willing to do this buy for them....and himself. I also know that between Edd's 7mm-08 and my 7TCU his steel shooting plate needs an upgrade/replacement now.
    Are you using the same 50/50 COWW/lead and babbit alloy mix that Edd uses? I'm excited about this boolit in my 7x57 Ruger No.1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty SRH View Post
    Are you using the same 50/50 COWW/lead and babbit alloy mix that Edd uses? I'm excited about this boolit in my 7x57 Ruger No.1
    For the most part YES......there was a very small percentage (5%) of railroad babbit added to the 50/50 mix. It is not absolutely required to add the babbit to the mix to get the accuracy @ 2510FPS in my dead stock 21inch contender carbine. In this instance I added the babbit to my 50/50 to control how fast this boolit will do it's thing when it hits venison. Edd and Duth4122 can both tell you that I still do not want to take a direct shoulder shot on whitetail at less than 100 yards with this carbine/boolit combo. The babbit was simply an expediant way to control the expansion on this flat faced hammer of thor a little bit.

When testing the alloys with this carbine combo straight waterdropped 50/50 was bit too violent. They both can attest to the fact that it is still not "tame" when it hits waterfilled milk jugs. I simply must leave the shoulder blade alone and will try my best to place my shots directly behind the shoulder blade. If you would have seen the milk jug/newspaper testing I have done and then the demonstration on the milk jugs yesterday you would fully understand.

If I am shooting the same boolit out of my 10Inch contender 7TCU barrel the velocity is a good 500fps lower and the babbit is not necessary in the least. I would make the comparison as such. My 10 inch 7TCU barrel is a typical pizzed of junkyard dog. The 21 incher turns said dog into a rabid wherewolf with a severe adjustment disorder.

I simply cannot wait to put one of these through the ribs of a poor little whitetail

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast