Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 7mm Thor AKA Ideal 287377 Flat nose, 135 grains

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mark85304 View Post
    Please add a set of handles to my mould order.
    Handles have been added. Thanks.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

I wanted to mention that the Ballistic Coefficient calculated by the software is .333. In my opinion, that will help the long range accuracy of this design. Assuming a decent throat, one should be able to use this design with good success in the 7x57 and 7mm-08. Just a little food for thought.

Edd

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Boolit Buddy
    add handles please

Boolit Master

ok...it is done.

Edd

Edd,
    Thanks for Stepping up to Honcho this one!

1-4 cavity mold + Handles

If in doubt look at how pretty thay are!

http://ballisti-cast.com/Hand%20Cast...%20Handles.htm
    Ken TN

NRA Handgun Instructor and Endowment Member
    IHMSA, SASS, NRA Field Pistol

Moderator Emeritus
    Can you just confirm please Ed whether the handles for a four cavity mould will be scissors or nutcracker type.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master
    Would this boolit go well with a Ruger No.1 in 7x57?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    Can you just confirm please Ed whether the handles for a four cavity mould will be scissors or nutcracker type.
    The handles for the 2 and 4 cavity molds are the scissors/pliers type.

Note the mold and handle set in the lower right side in the picture.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 08-09-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty SRH View Post
    Would this boolit go well with a Ruger No.1 in 7x57?
    I cannot say for positive that it will work in your Ruger. I'd say there's a good chance it will but the only way to know for sure is to do a chamber cast or an impact slug of the throat. On my 7TCU the nose touches the rifling about .250" from the tip of the boolit when loaded to have the crimp groove align with the top of the case. YMMV.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=114650&page=2

Post #25 shows how 357maximum loads it in HIS 7mmTCU.

Hopefully that helps you.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 08-09-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: added visual link

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ken TN View Post
    Edd,
    Thanks for Stepping up to Honcho this one!

Thank you for noting it. I felt it was the only way I could "get 'er dun" and I really wanted a multi-cavity mold of it.

1-4 cavity mold + Handles

If in doubt look at how pretty thay are!

I've added your order to the list. Thank you.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 08-09-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by badgeredd View Post
    The handles for the 2 and 4 cavity molds are the scissors/pliers type.

Note the mold and handle set in the lower right side in the picture.

Edd

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master
    This would be my first rifle mold so I don't know exactly what/how to makes sure of what I need.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty SRH View Post
    This would be my first rifle mold so I don't know exactly what/how to makes sure of what I need.
    In that case, here is what I'd do. Take an empty sized case, insert a 7mm flat base jacketed bullet upside down (so the flat base is pointed out), push the bullet into the case just enough for the case to hold the bullet, take the assembled dummy and gently load it into your rifle. The throat will push the bullet deeper into the case. This final location of bullet seating gives you a fair guess of the throat length; the bullet above the case will be a rough throat measurement. If the bullet is sticking out of the case less than 1/4", this boolit should work decently. There is more to it than that but you'll have a very good chance that this boolit sized to .287" to .288" will shoot for you.

Hope this helps you.

Edd

P.S. If anyone else wants to jump in with some helpful info, please do. IMHO, we are all here to give and get help with our hobby.
    Last edited by badgeredd; 08-09-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Great to see we have the 10 for the initial amount in just a few days.
    Hope we can double or triple it for a better price break.
    Ken TN

NRA Handgun Instructor and Endowment Member
    IHMSA, SASS, NRA Field Pistol

Banned
    Edd

YOU DA' MAN...THANK YOU for doing this. It feels real good knowing I will have a back up to my single cavity that you modded. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Boolit Man

Is Paypal an option for outside USA buyers?

I will take a 2 cavity mold please with a set of handles.Is paypal an option for outside of USA buyers....as international cheques in USA$ drawn on USA bank are very expensive in Australia. Obviously I would pay extra paypal surcharge so no one is out of pocket.I could send cash in mail but that does not seem very safe.Kind regards Peter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by peterthevet View Post
    I will take a 2 cavity mold please with a set of handles.Is paypal an option for outside of USA buyers....as international cheques in USA$ drawn on USA bank are very expensive in Australia. Obviously I would pay extra paypal surcharge so no one is out of pocket.I could send cash in mail but that does not seem very safe.Kind regards Peter.
    Peter,

I can work with you on the payment, no problem. I believe PP will work for payment. Your shipping will be more, but we'll work thru that too. You are on the list.

Edd

Moderator Emeritus
    Putting aside the politics of Paypal it works very well for GBs and buys from the US.

I'd be frightened to think how much I've put through Paypal for stuff from Cast Boolits.

Before that it was Western Union cheques and that was a hit and miss affair.

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    Putting aside the politics of Paypal it works very well for GBs and buys from the US.

I'd be frightened to think how much I've put through Paypal for stuff from Cast Boolits.

Before that it was Western Union cheques and that was a hit and miss affair.
    To be perfectly honest, I hadn't even thought about receiving funds through PayPal. I have heard some stories about their policies that kinda made me fearful of taking in monies through them. I've used PP to pay for stuff for years and for the most part have had no complaints. Since I am learning about this Group buy thing, I am sure I'll overlook some good ideas. That being said, I'll add Paypal to my methods of payment. I understand there is a fee of about 4% from them so I'll have to include that if PayPal is used. I like you guys, but I can't quite see helping to pay for your molds out of my fixed income. SO_O_O_O changes will be made to accommodate you all and make it easier to spend your money.

Edd

Moderator Emeritus
    Good man Ed!

Pukka Bundhooks

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast