Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 7mm Thor AKA Ideal 287377 Flat nose, 135 grains

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the update Edd, I've got my fingers crossed. I'm going to have to break the wife's rule of not casting in the basement. It doesn't look like things are going to warm up anytime soon around here.

Boolit Master

I plan to call Ballisti-Cast the coming Monday since it has been a couple weeks since I've had a progress report. If you don't see anything by me by Wednesday, PLEASE remind me via PM. Thanks guys.

Edd

CRS sometimes!
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

I have been told the molds are being cut beginning this week. 24 molds of 2 and four cavity configuration and varying diameters. The nose diameters will be held per print on any oversize band diameter molds. The nose diameter was a big part of the problem with the earlier molds so I asked they hold the nose diameter. Although the contour was not correct, I believe the original molds would have been ok had the nose diameter been correct, but that is my opinion only. One mold that is being cut smaller will have the nose reduced to stay with the same relationship as the drawing shows. I haven't been told when we can expect to have them yet, but I expect they will be shipped within three weeks if all goes well.

I'll keep you posted as I hear more information.

Edd

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Boolit Master
    Bump just to keep it near the top.

Boolit Master

Hallelujah!!!

I just got off of the phone with Bill Sand and he said all of the molds are cut. The 2 cavity molds are finished and the four cavity molds need the sprue plates installed. He said all of the molds should be shipped to the buyers by the weekend. They had a blizzard there (upper Midwest) and it has slowed the progress this week. He (as well as myself) is glad they are done. SO, start watching for them early nest week.

Thankfully...Edd

Boolit Master
    Ed, Thanks for all the trouble you have had to go through for this group buy.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    Ed, Thanks for all the trouble you have had to go through for this group buy.
    Yes, yes indeed, thank you!

Boolit Buddy
    Thank You Edd !

In Remembrance

Edd, does this mean I have to camp out (again!) down by my mailbox and be subjected to the laughing ridicule of passersby neighbors?Robert

Banned
    Robert

Just get yourself one of them there tip-up style flags for your mailbox....just make sure you install it the right way or you will be violently picking the postmans nose and he may get a bit upset.

Edd....thank you for all your effort put forth throughout this entire saga......fingers crossed that it's almost over.

In Remembrance

The trouble I have with mailboxes is the snowplows in the Winter, the graduating class of High school kids yanking it out of the ground and taking it for a ride or the infamous drive-by-ball bats smashing! One time my mailbox was jammed full of corn stalks, neighbors have had mailboxes set on fire! Of course I`m not forgetting the Saturday night beer bottles smashed on the box. Guess I just live in a rough section of "cow country", but I still get my mail!

Edd knows I`m grateful for all he has done with this GB mold. I just like to yank on his chain every now and then.Robert

Boolit Master
    Thank you Ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Edd, does this mean I have to camp out (again!) down by my mailbox and be subjected to the laughing ridicule of passersby neighbors?Robert
    Have you figured out exactly why they laugh and ridicule you yet? Do they point at you when doing so? I have a theory...but you'd probably not like it.

Edd

Boolit Buddy

Robert, if I knew you I'd make a snarky comment about how all your neighbors are probably laughing anyway, but since I haven't got to meet you yet I'll save it for later. Rest assured, my neighbors sides hurt.

Randy

Boolit Buddy

Darn, Edd beat me to it...

Boolit Master

Some added information guys. I received the following this morning in an email:

"Ed,

All the molds have been cut and most have been sprued up. We need to test cast with them before we send them out. I am pushing for having them ship by Friday. I am setting them all up with sprue cutters and no handles. I hope nobody sent their handles in with the old molds. If they did, they will need to contact me to get new ones.

Best Regards,

Keith Henningsgard"

Keith is the supervisor in the shop.

If anyone did send in their handles with their old mold, please let Bill or me know so it can be returned to you.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 04-03-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Boolit Master

Do you have an email for Keith? Pm me if you don't want it public.
    Thank you, Brad

In Remembrance

It`s going to be a long lonely Sunday standing down there by that dang "tupperware" mailbox! The crows and Canada geese are even laughing at me!Robert

Boolit Master

I received a text message from Bill last evening saying that the molds were sent out last Friday. The two overseas molds were sent to me for forwarding to their owners. Also there a a couple that he didn't find addresses for so he is sending those to me for forwarding also. Domia and Peter the Vet will be getting theirs from me as soon as I get them and get the paper work done for customs. Apparently there was some miscommunication, but I'll get it done. Soon everyone will have their replacements in hand.

Edd

In Remembrance

YES! YES! YES!!! Alvin, my mail carrier finally ended my lonely mailbox sitting vigil this morning. He not only brought my "new and improved" Thor mold but also had my PP mold from Al Nelson at NOE!! Just got off the phone with Edd, nobody else was home so it wound up being Edd I talked to. After his usual insults about my being a retired plumber he actually seemed somewhat glad to hear I had the mold. Raking gravel off my grass is my job for the week then hopefully I can test these molds out this weekend. If I haven`t said it before, THANKS EDD for all you went thru.Robert

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast