Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 7mm Thor AKA Ideal 287377 Flat nose, 135 grains

Boolit Buddy
    Keith at Ballisticast contacted me about a month ago to ask about the last mould that was sent to me. I told him I didn't like it and he said he would like to make things right. He has cut and sent me a new mould, note that I had this one done as a PB and a little smaller because I intend to PC them. It is a very nicely done piece of machine work. The issues with tool makes is gone. The over all finish is what I expected from a custom maker. If it casts as good as it looks I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for the effort Keith. I think you are a stand up guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1401317632509.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1401317651839.jpg  

Boolit Buddy

Their interpretation of the H&G trough style sprue plate is still a bit goofy-home made looking. I still need to try my rough ones in the 7-08 I wanted it for, tried them in a mil-surp mauser with underwhelming results, but still not sure what to think.

Randy

Moderator Emeritus
    Over three weeks now since I responded to Keith's email asking what he needed to do to make things right, I told him that for me only a refund was acceptable and I've heard nothing from him since.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

A refund is the only thing that would make it right with me. If you cant get it right in two attempts, then there is a real problem. 2nd molds should not have been shipped unless they were absolutely perfect in every way, which they were not.

Brad

Boolit Master

For the record, I have NOT been contacted about the quality of MY molds. It strikes me as odd, considering all I've gone through just trying to get everyone a decent mold.

I am happy that at least some of you are getting a satisfactory resolution, but I'd really would like to see everyone taken care of.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Moderator Emeritus
    Looks like they can't even manage a "make it right process" never mind a "make a mould" process.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear that Edd. If you're interested I'll cast up a few hundred to get me through the summer and ship you my mould so you can cast some too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 280Ackley View Post
    Sorry to hear that Edd. If you're interested I'll cast up a few hundred to get me through the summer and ship you my mould so you can cast some too.
    Thank you for the kind offer, but I have gotten into the NOE offereing for the mold which I expect to get shortly. I DID get a B-C mold to work for my purposes so I pretty much have accepted things for what they are.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

In Remembrance

I like Edd have not been contacted about my "mold" either. I have figured out a "Jerry rigged harness" to use on the mold as a sinker for my next fishing trip for walleye! This mold has been a real eye opener as far as buying a semi custom mold.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    I really don't understand what's going on here. Keith was very concerned about making things right with me. We exchanged a number of emails. I would think that he would have contacted everyone involved in this buy. I feel bad that things have gone this way.

Boolit Master
    No body has contacted me and I have not used the mould either and just looking at it I don't think it will make good bullets with the tool marks. I like to de-burr completely my moulds before I cast with them and I have not brought myself to putting effort into this mould due to the poor machining of it as a replacement mould for the first one that was oversize.

In Remembrance

.....holding the 2 mold halves together wrap the selected fishing mono filament line around the blocks at least 2 wraps using the mold handle cut outs for a place to wrap the line. Next make several good tight knots ending with a sufficient lead to tie a swivel onto to then attach to your main line a reasonable distance below the bait hook or lure. This makes a much more compact, yet heavy enough sinker, than the huge "cannon ball" style sinker.Robert

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I'm going to take a stab at contacting ballisti-cast today, but I fully expect that all of us that have not received moulds have been ripped off, and as such, will be persuing posting this situation in the the Deadbeat section.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

I noticed Mike and Derek who were first running it have started Hardline Industries and are vendor sponsors here. Apparently the fiasco with the first mould doesn't matter. I wish them luck, I think they were trying to do too much at once with ballisticast, but I hope they keep up better.

Boolit Man
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to start off by saying that this fiasco does matter to Mike and I. While we may not work with Ballisti-Cast anymore, we do still frequently think about what happened here. We would like to make it right with anyone who still has a sour taste in their mouth about this whole ordeal. We will send a mold free of charge from our new company Hardline Industries, Inc. to anyone who went through this troubling group buy with us. It was a very difficult situation for both of us as well as all of you. We left Ballisti-Cast for our own reasons and have since put everything to rest with them. We would like to take this opportunity to put the troubles you have encountered as a result to rest as well.

Since we left Ballisti-Cast and started Hardline we sorted out where our troubles were in the machining processes and began doing slick sided molds. We have since started doing lube groove designs as well. We also allied ourselves with Harlan Sage at Sage Outfitters and have been making Black Powder Cartridge Rifle moulds for him to distribute.

Harlan took 3rd out of over 600 participants in the Matthew Quigley Ranch Match using his 550 HME mold design which we machined for him. I am only making this statement to give you reassurance that now that Mike and I are at Hardline we have figured out how to precisely manufacture your bullet mold designs with extremely tight tolerances. If you are looking for additional reassurance just search our name on CastBoolits and look for yourselves. Our customers are ALL very happy with our products, and we are happy to answer questions that any of them have.

Take a look at the tolerances we are holding for him in the drawing as well as the finished product. We provide all of his designs with a +0" -0.001" margin of error for diameter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	550 HME.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	118678

Name:	550 HME Block.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	118679

We machine each mold to customer specified diameter taking into account their lead type. Our molds all come standard with 3 hardened taper lock alignment pins in order to minimize the casting seam and ensure that the molds are correctly aligned keeping bullets round. We use a thick 1/4" hardened sprue plate ensuring proper fill out on the bases of your bullets. We use both horizontal and vertical vent lines for optimal air evacuation as the cavity fills. Finally we made the blocks to be interchangeable with both Lee 6 cavity and RCBS handles.

We are taking the stance that we are because we take pride in providing some of the best cast iron bullet molds available in the world and want to make everyone happy with our quality products and customer service. We would be extremely happy if we can restore each and every one of your confidence in us personally by sending you a mold that you will not just be happy with, but it will be the centerpiece of your collection. Send us an email or give a call if you would like a replacement mold.

Thank you,

Derek Roppel
    Mike Sand
    Charles Anderson

Hardline Industries, Inc.
    phone:701-757-4273
    email: sales@hardlineindustries.com

Boolit Man

7mm Thor Recut List

1. Hardcast416taylor (1 x 2 Cavity, 0.2865" Bands, 0.283" Nose, WW Lead)
    2. Doc Highwall (1 x 4 Cavity, 0.287" Bands, 0.285" Nose, 30:1 Lead)
    3. Badgeredd (1 x 2 Cavity, 0.290" Bands, 0.285" Nose; 1 x 2 Cavity, .288" Bands, .285 Nose #2 Lead)
    4. Hamish (1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.285" Nose, #2 Lead)
    5. Kbsteinberg (1 x 2 Cavity, 0.286" Bands, 0.285" Nose, WW Lead)
    6. 357Maximum ( 1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.285" Nose, #2 Lead)
    7. MT Gianni ( 1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.285" Nose, WW Lead)
    8. BK7saum ( 1 x 4 Cavity, 0.287" Bands, 0.285" Nose, WW Lead)
    9. BABore (1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.284" Nose, Lyman #2 Lead)
    10. peterthevet ( 1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.285" Nose, Lyman #2 Lead)
    11. Greg ( 1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.285" Nose, 50/50 + 1%Sn)
    12. MostlyOnThePaper ( 1 x 2 Cavity, 0.288" Bands, 0.285" Nose, Lyman #2 Lead)
    13. dromia (1 x 4 Cavity, 0.289" Bands, 0.285" Nose, WW Lead)
    14. Swiss 96/11 (1 x 4 Cavity, 0.290" Bands, 0.286" Nose, WW Lead)
    15. Dutch4122 (1 x 4 Cavity, 0.287" Bands, 0.285" Nose, WW Lead)
    16. blpenn66502 (1 x 2 Cavity, 0.287" Bands, 0.285" Nose, WW Lead)
    Last edited by Hardline; 10-21-2014 at 08:37 AM. Reason: List Updated

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Derek/Mike,

hardcast416 overstepped a tad contacting you, but, I'm going to take it at face value. I DO think that after all the headache with the 7mm and 35 Thor buys, if you guys really want to make it right, that you guy's should take over contacting the entire buyers list and seeing if your offer is acceptable to them.

Speaking strictly for myself at this point, deliver me an iron or brass 2 cavity mould, cut to badgeredd's spec. drawing, and I will call it good as far as I am concerned.
    ----
    You may add badgeredd to the list for the two moulds owed him,cut to his spec'd drawing.
    You may add 357Maximum to the list for a recut for a spec. cut mould.

--------

Edit:

Badgeredd and I have been conversing over the course of this
    Group Buy, which is why I PM'd the members of this buy to start with to get a hard list of who was still without a mould.

After I pm'd him, hardcast416taylor took it upon himself to contact Hardline. Per the original portion of this post I am willing to roll with the situation.

However, hardcast has just pm'd me that he is apparently is confab with ?Hardline about parameters for the recut.

He also informs me of the situation with badgeredd, which, surprise! I already knew what was going on with him all along, and was the reason why it was me contacting Ballisti-Cast and not badgeredd to start with.

At this point, the train is so far off the rails that I wash my hands of any further responsibility for trying to get this done.

Derek/Mike, if you carry through, please PM me for my address.
    Last edited by Hamish; 10-10-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Last week I received mold #3 from Keith Henningsgard. #3 is a good one, smooth cavities, correct dimentions. I was smelting WW when the mailman put it in the box so I screwed handles on and tried it with straight WW smelt. Nice bullets that just fall from the mold. I tried them in the 7TCU and they are a perfect fit with tight gas checks..

Boolit Man
    Hamish,

Hardcast did not initiate the contact until after we made the original post. I will take the initiative to PM everyone about getting a replacement mold. Below is a drawing of the design dimensions we can cut to:

Name:	7mm Thor Drawing.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	118787

Both the driving band diameters and the bore ride diameter can be altered to match your specifications. The bullet weighs approximately 132 grains in WW lead.

In Remembrance

DANG! Looks like I`m getting blamed for the weasel getting into Aunt Sadies chicken house! Seems like I get blamed for Sunny weather anymore just to be the one blamed for it?Robert

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast