Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CZ its a keeper

Boolit Master

New CZ its a keeper

Shot this today between other projects. I really like the fact that the gun liks the bulk ammo. As picture shows it is white box Winchester Western 36 gr HP. $17.00 for 525.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Group-1.jpg   Group-2.jpg   CZ-1.jpg   CZ-2.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    Looks like it groups pretty good, definitly a keeper

Boolit Master

Love my CZ, and it loves all the CCI anything I can feed it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    Is that a nickle model?
    Yes it is.

Boolit Master
    Mine does not care much for the CCI for some reason.

Boolit Master
    Shot these this afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 009.jpg  

Bought my first Brno mod 2 in 1965, now have a CZ 523. I don't believe that there is a better field rimfire. The Brno are legendary in Oz and we really felt sorry for our Yank brothers who couldn't own them way back in the cold war days. Hope you enjoy your ownership and use of these rifles as much as I've enjoyed mine.

Boolit Master
    The CZs have such a good rep for small groups, it is good to see another one is living up to the standards.

I'd probably bought in if they did something with the clip that hangs below the stock line.

Come on folks, you can do it!!!!!

But that is a hangup of mine that is hard to get past.

Would like a .222 in a CZ, but -------------------

Oh well, will just need to be happy with my Clark Custom 77/22 with that great 10 shot rotory mag., but those CZs and their prices make it something that keeps itching!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

I shot a blued one that did a seven inch group at two hundred yards with open sights and bulk ammo. It probably could have done a lot better with a scope and a real rest, but it seemed good to me. CZs are the first rifle that made me like rifles... I have shot some very accurate rifles, but never 'clicked' with any until a CZ showed up, to my mind they are a rifleman's rifle.

I like the looks of the blued, but that nickle would be great for taking out without worrying about it!

Your CZ is doing extremely well considering the blammo ammo being used.

Get some quality match ammo & target scope on it and you'll be swatting flies for something to do.

Boolit Master
    AS per scopes, have been there and done the cheap/junk/trash trashco route and got just what I paid for.

On a good day, that scope was not clear or sharp.

With the Clark Custom 77/22, bit the boolit and bought a Leupold 3X9 EFR and it is just like every other Leupold scope I have or have ever had. Quality and well worth the money.

The EFR scope has an adjustable ovjective which does what is claimed, adjusting the focus from near to far and along with that, correcting the paralax for the distance to which it is focused.

Paid a bunch more for the CRuger then I had ever paid for a .22, and along with it a lot more for a .22 scope then before. It was all worth the price paid.

As Forest r indicates, get a good scope for that CZ!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master
    I sort of think of a Leupold 3.5 X 10 VX-3 as a good scope. A target scope it's not.

Boolit Master
    PacMan,

That might depend on the up close paralax issue (?) with that scope. I have one on my hunting rifle, GREAT SCOPE, but for serious close in shooting there just might be an issue unless you had an adjustable objective which mine does not.

Even then, it might not adjust as far as the EFR (Extended Focus Range) 3X9 which is made for such things as .22 rimfires.

I suspect the paralax is factory set on the 3.5X10 for at least 100yds.

CDOC

Boolit Buddy
    My CZ Scout does real well with Winchester bulk and Super X, I've never seen that type of Winchester Western ammo before.
    CZ makes nice quality stuff at a fair price. Very happy with my Scout, Kadet and .22WMR Lux.

I didn’t mean anything by my scope comment PacMan. I was just pointing out that your CZ is capable of shooting some astonishingly small bug holes in paper if you let it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    I didn’t mean anything by my scope comment PacMan. I was just pointing out that your CZ is capable of shooting some astonishingly small bug holes in paper if you let it.
    Yes it will. I dont have pictures but will take some of some very good groups shot with the same rifle/scope using rem subsoic ammo. Have ben trying for a 10 shot 1/4-1/3" group but it aludes me at this time. I will get 5 up to 8 or 9 but between me the rifle and ammo one or two of the 10 will make it a 1/2" or slightly bigger.
    Im not complaining thats for sure.

I understand paralax and yes it does present it own problems but i am a hunter first and a shooter secound. I own and use a Leupold 3x9 EER and a Zeiss 4.5 x 14 SF on two other rifles one another CZ and athe other on a very accurate stock factory 10/22. The 10/22 and the other CZ will shoot under a 1/2" all day long with the Rem subsonic ammo. The 10/22 will shoot the Winchester white box into a 1/2" more time than not.

I talked to Clark custom and Kidd ustom 10/22 and neither could garantee better than 1/2" at 50 yards and that was with match ammo. I have 280.00 in my 10/22 and it will hunt all day long, weigh less and shoot the cheap stuff.

Thanks for all the input and take care guys.
    Pac
    Last edited by PacMan; 08-25-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Boolit Master
    For some more good times try putting a Williams peep sight on it. They are cheaper if purchased from CZ on their web site. A 22 that shoots the cheap stuff nicely is a find, but get a box of Wolf Match and then see what happens. Also at www.rimfirecetral.com instructions to improve the trigger are available. Nice groups.

Boolit Master
    Took time out this afternoon to shoot this with my stock 10/22. The scope is a 1977 model that has been on a lot of diffrent guns and makes for a handy package for hunting the woods on the 10/22. Because of low magnifacation i shot one hole and then used it as shown on the target for sighting. Not the ideal target set up but it works in the woods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1022 group.jpg   1022-1.jpg