Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another 22 ammo issue

Recently the mostly empty shelves for 22lr have started filling up again. Among the new offerings were CCI blazers. I can't remember trying them before but at $16 a brick I had to give them a try. They seem to be a very accurate round and cycle my finicky marlin model 60 better than just about anything else. Previous to the hoarding frenzy I was able to by federal champions for $1.20 / 50 rounds at Wal-Mart. These really shine out of my sons cz-452. Better than any match ammo we have tried. The blazers seem to be a close second.

Boolit Grand Master
    Remington Thunderbolts consistently FTF, and are inaccrate when they do. .22 RF are dirty by nature, but these would foul any firearm in short order. Gave away the last brick years ago.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Remington Thunderbolts consistently FTF, and are inaccrate when they do. .22 RF are dirty by nature, but these would foul any firearm in short order. Gave away the last brick years ago.

Shiloh
    I have been using them; they and Rem Golden Bullet will cycle in all my S/A .22 RF rifles. They also tend to be as accurate if not moreso than most other .22 RF bulk brands. As far as FTF--yes I do have an that happen occasionaly... I have not found them to foul my guns, but the fired cases do get smudgeyd with gunk... Many laud the Federal Bulk Valu-pack--I get more jams in all my guns with them including a hard to jam Ruger 10-22.

Boolit Master

CCI blazers work really well in my 22 semi auto high standard rifle...this rifle hates Federal ammo but never jams with CCI in either LR or shorts

For years, I used to hear people complaining about problems with Thunderbolt ammo & I just didn't understand it. I had gone through several bricks of the stuff with no problem. Then I got a bad brick & about 3 or 4 rounds out of every 100 were duds. At one point, I disassembled a dud that I had tried to fire around 10 times with no luck. It had no priming compound in it.

I've since had a similar issue with a bulk box of Golden Bullets too.

I guess that quality control on the rimfire stuff just isn't what it used to be.

I also see performance variation in .22 rimfire ammo more than any other caliber. Lately, I've been doing OK with the 400 (not 500) round bricks of American Eagle.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus