WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Frog Lube......as a bore cleaner?

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Frog Lube......as a bore cleaner?

My son came for a visit just last week and brought his AR that he built. After a range session, he hauled out a tub of "Frog Lube" and began using it to lube various places on the gun while mentioning that he heard it can be used as a bore cleaner. Evidently "Frog Lube" was developed by an ex serviceman, comes in liquid or paste and is a preferred lubricant these days...but as a bore cleaner?

I really question this. For one thing it doesn't stink enough....in fact it smells rather nice and the paste goes on very much like Rig gun grease. So, does anyone have any experience using it as a bore cleaner?

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up

In my firearms, I'm switching over to it. If you have a heat gun, use it. the carbon just keeps coming out as it penetrates. The little bit of lead just comes out in tiny slivers. FOLLOW the directions. This stuff may not be perfect, but it is amazing! MHO, YMMV

Matt

Boolit Master

Looks like good stuff but wow aren't they proud of it... I don't have enough issues with what I currently use to even think about spending that kind of money on a lubricant.

Boolit Master

Ok, I've changed my mind, one of my sons purchased some, he gets a military discount, and I'll be applying it to some of my firearms to test.

I had read that removing it was difficult however they just released a solvent that fixes that issue.

Boolit Master
    FrogGold Lube!
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

I detail stripped my officer size 1911 and frog lubed everything, heated it a bit, wiped all the parts down and reassembled. Time will tell, might be a week or 2 before I can take it out shooting however.

Boolit Master

Said 1911 spent the last 4 days on vacation with me in an IWB in very high humidity. Sweat had to be removed from it many times. Finish looks perfect.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got some of this for my new AR, going to start right out with it and see how it goes. Next the Glock get's the treatment. After that.... the more I think about it, I think the Frog Lube paste, mixed 50/50 with beeswax, might be a very compelling springboard for a bullet lube, surface protectant, etc, etc...
    "Yes, I handload almost exclusively. No, it isn't really cheaper, but I shoot a lot more...."

You have to remember that you are dealing with clueless idiots.
    They couldn't get a clue even if they rubbed clue musk all over themselves, and did the clue mating dance, in a room full of horny clues. -Matt G.