Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Molly (CBA Co-Founder) has passed

Boolit Master
    We are a big family here at castboolits. Even though I have had only a passing exchange with Molly in text, he will be missed. The name 'Molly' is instantly recognized by regular visitors here, as a man of knowledge and experience.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for filling us in, even though the news is bad. My respect and prayers to a good man.
    Paul

Moderator Emeritus

RIP Mollly, and thanks for your ability to share knowledge.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy

I'm sorry to hear of Molly's death. I enjoyed his comments here and his articles in the Fouling Shot. Wish I’d had an opportunity to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    I almost didn't read this cause of the header, but I did.
    Same here. Sorry to hear of this Brian. Stay strong, be the rock the family clings to. I'll fire off a prayer from this end.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Brian,
    I wish I could have spoken to him before he left us. Condolences and "sorry for you" aren't gonna help your pain (that many of us here share - in a lesser degree than you).

Your father is one of my heroes. I have some property from his father (your grand-father). You now probably have some property that came from me. The only reason in the world I mention this is that I miss your father and I'm not just "reciting the goodbyes".

He is in the creator's hands now. Sadly, I rejoice. Be strong Brian, we are supposed to bury our parents, not the other way around. May he rest in peace... and I think he will.

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Moderator Emeritus
    A sad loss indeed.

Thank you Molly for your contribution here you were one of the elders of Cast Boolits. I learned much from your writings.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

John Alexander, the current Cast Bullet Assoc. president, posted this on the CBA site:

"Molly's son Brian also called me the day before yesterday with the sad news.
    I have written a letter to Molly. At the proper time Brian will send me a picture and I will write a notice for the Fouling Shot. As many of you know Molly was one of the two cofounders of the Cast Bullet Association along with Howard Thomas who died in 2006. All of us that enjoy the Cast Bullet Association and what it provides are in his debt."

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Ken and I spoke on the phone a few times, he was indeed a man of skills and knowledge that will be missed here.
    We are indeed, diminished.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus

Rest in Peace Molly, you will be missed here very much.

Brian, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and friends. God Bless.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    R.I.P. Molly!! Our condolences to the family in this trying time.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

My heartfelt condolences to Brian and Molly's family.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

I never got a chance to know him but i cherished his writing. He was a man of true knowledge and as humble as they come. He will be missed.

Andy

Boolit Master

My heartfelt condolences to Brian and Molly's family.
    R I P my friend, prayers for the family and the soul of our brother.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    My condolences, Sad to hear
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Master
    I had the honor of exchanging some posts with molly. He will be missed. We are all diminished. Frank

Boolit Master

Brian and family, you have my deepest sympathies. Cherish the good memories you have of dad. Obviously he was well regarded here and I'm sure there as well.

Boolit Master
    May he rise to the good Lords hands in a smooth trip. Molly had my respect for helping even a punk kid like me in his competant but always humble manor. Prayers are being said right now.

Thank you for the updates and not leaving us to wonder.

God bless,
    Cowboy.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Moderator Emeritus

Molly provided basically all of the cartridge conversion data for castpics and reloaders reference. It was a pleasure working with him on those projects and he will be sorely missed. I am certain he had forgotten more about cartridge conversion and loading for 32 S&W than most will ever know. He obviously loved our chosen sport/hobby and did more than most to advance it. I can only hope that we do half as well at preserving his legacy.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master

What sad and horrible news. I had a couple interactions with Ken here, one about .32s (one of his favorite subjects of late it seemed) in which I had the pleasure of being able to mail him a photocopy of an article from an old gun magazine that he didn't have. I think he also was the man who taught me or convinced me of the safety/advocacy of the citric acid cleaning bath for brass.

He was always intelligent, inciteful, humble, reassuring, and pleasant. In other words, a gentleman. I'll always remember and respect him, and I deeply appreciate having the interactions I had with him.

Brian - my dad died from pancreatic cancer almost exactly a year ago. I hate cancer.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234