Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: How did I do?

How did I do?

Posted an ad on Craigslist to buy wheel weights. Got contacted by a guy who used to do fishing lures. I ended up with 125 lbs of WW muffins and 155 lbs of pure lead muffins (plus some additional dead soft pipe). I paid the guy $0.50/lb, so out the door at $140. I'm happy with it

Boolit Master
    Sounds like you did good, congrat's!
    Bob

Boolit Buddy

Smile

I did almost as well yesterday; I got a bucket with 110 lbs. of raw ww for $40. Gotta sort them but oh well.
    If you want your children to follow in your footsteps, be careful where you walk.
    Beware the man that only owns one gun; he probably knows how to use it.
    Some things never change; others change more slowly.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowbeaner View Post
    I did almost as well yesterday; I got a bucket with 110 lbs. of raw ww for $40. Gotta sort them but oh well.
    Yeah, but you know exactly what you got!

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Boolit Master

Speaking of good fortune...I know an old junk man that loves getting all of my steel clips when I smelt my WWs. A couple times a year, I give him approx. 500 pounds of steel (inlcuding the steel WWs). -- Yesterday, he stops by my house and drops off 150 pounds of lead scraps. Mostly old lead plumbing pipes! He knows the scrap yard owner, and got it for cheap...gave it to me for free. He figured it was a good way to pay me back!
    Jon

Dang! I need to get better friends!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Roundnoser View Post
    Speaking of good fortune...I know an old junk man that loves getting all of my steel clips when I smelt my WWs. A couple times a year, I give him approx. 500 pounds of steel (inlcuding the steel WWs). -- Yesterday, he stops by my house and drops off 150 pounds of lead scraps. Mostly old lead plumbing pipes! He knows the scrap yard owner, and got it for cheap...gave it to me for free. He figured it was a good way to pay me back!
    What goes around come's around! good for you.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington