Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: pedersoli 45-110 quigley nightmare

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    I was in the Sidney Cabela's store today, they had a Pedersoli, the price was 1999.90$, basic price on a shiloh #3 is 1800, and the hartford (if the tulip on the barrel is important to you) is 2,022. So for 200$ less or 22.10 more a Shiloh could be had for the price of a Pedersoli.....
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

I remember when $200 meant nothing to me. Ah to return to that thinking again. I havn't seen a Shiloh that looked a smigin better than my Ped. or shot better either.

Owen

Yup and why folks would choose to spend the 200$ more for a pedersoli is beyond me.
    You have a lot of experience with Shiloh rifles Owen?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    they had a Pedersoli, the price was 1999.90$, .....
    You forgot to mention which model that Pedersoli was ...

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

It had a pewter nose cap and pressed checkering, other than that I haven't a clue, nor care.....

In Remembrance
    It had a pewter nose cap and pressed checkering, other than that I haven't a clue, nor care.....
    But you made mention of 'tulips'. Did it have a Hartford collar?

CM

Looked as tho it might have had. Didn't pay that much attention, but that price tag sure jumped straight out at a fella, just like the ones listed on Dixie's web page.
    Not quite sure where this Pedersoli being cheaper than a Shiloh stuff is coming from.... Some cases the Pedersoli is actually higher than a Shiloh, and of course we're straying along ways away from the original post here. And the fact that after a month the rifles owner still doesn't have an answer to have his Pedersoli fixed, yet there's an example given in this thread of a 3rd or 4th generation owner of a Shiloh had a problem with a rifle that got out of the factory and within about the same amount of time as the OP has spent here, the rifle was returned,fixed and sent back to it's present owner......

In Remembrance
    Not quite sure where this Pedersoli being cheaper than a Shiloh stuff is coming from....
    It's an age old argument that always goes the same direction.
    Compare a Pedersoli Quigley with a Shiloh Business Rifle and claim that Pedersoli guns are as expensive as Shilohs.

The Cabela's Pedersoli that most resembles a Business Rifle is priced at $1199.00.
    A #3 Sporter look-a-like is available from Dixie (since you mentioned Dixie) for $1050.00.

The Shiloh model that compares with that Cabela's $1999.00 Pedersoli is their Quigley at $3298.00
    But, you already knew that.

and of course we're straying along ways away from the original post here.
    I guess that means you're sorry you started it ...

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 07-22-2012 at 04:14 PM.

I guess the side issue is , it isn't helpful at all to'' say you should have bought'' Or even '' my gun is better that yours'' How does that help anyone? When we buy, we try to make a good decision. The truth is Don, I'm sure Shiloh is a better rifle than mine. When I bought it I had never even heard of Shiloh. I'm real happy with my gun and the way it shoots. Thank goodness. I'd hate to go though the torment of wishing for a Shiloh each and every day. All's well in my camp.

Owen

Well Owen you're the one that said your pedersoli was better finished than a shiloh, and you're the one that said your pedersoli would out shoot a shiloh. I simply asked as to your experience with a shiloh so that a person could gauge your statement...

Maxwell what Pedersoli is calling their long range model which is listed on Dixie's sight at something over 2200 is comarable to a #1 or roughrider which are listed at 1902..
    Point being all along that no matter what the price Pedersoli's warranty adjustments have always been somewhat lacking when compared to either of the Montana built guns. And for the last several years the price difference between the Italians and the Montana built guns has not been that great, and now we're seeing Pedersoli's actually priced higher than C Sharps or Shiloh....
    And there is no comparison to the Quigley's made by Pedersoli to the real Quigley by Shiloh. Yup the Shiloh is higher, but he type of finish on the Shiloh , the sights and the gold enlayed engraving are not available on the Pedersoli.....
    And if the Pedersoli breaks... Well that's what this thread was all about in the first place....

Please let it go.

I didn't say what you said I did. And you're not going to make him through his gun away and buy a Shiloh. Nor will I. If you can help him then help him.

Owen

Not EVEN trying to make him throw his gun away. Matter of fact you got back and read and you'll see where I advised him to install a windguage front sight and go shoot the rifle....

Boolit Mold
    ok fellas,calm down,i'm the one who's entitled to gripe,....lee shaver contacted me visa vi pedersoli and i sent him a picture of the gun with a bushing holding a cleaning rod perfectly centered over the reciever, he agrees there's a problem and needs the gun to take apart and document,sound policy considering all,so,i'mm shipping the gun to him and pedersoli will replace the gun or the reciever and stock i'm told, they'll make it right, now lee has a good reputation, so i recon he has the skills to do the right thing for me whatever that may turn out to be, bottom line is ,they're on it, will ship gun to lee this week! italy spends the month of august on vacation, the whole damn country is worthless for business that month i happen to know so,if montana shut down that month ,only spoke italian,and required import export procedures,i wonder would like what gun better?lol thanks for all your advice and input, i'll keep you posted. mike

In Remembrance
    Maxwell what Pedersoli is calling their long range model which is listed on Dixie's sight at something over 2200 is comarable to a #1 or roughrider which are listed at 1902..
    Folks can look at the Dixie webpage and decipher it for themselves, but the rifle priced above $2200 is a French Grey receiver fully engraved with a pattern similar to Shiloh's Pattern #3 With Portrait.
    http://www.dixiegunworks.com/advance...Pedersoli+1874

I bet Shiloh wants $1902 for the engraving alone.

CM

Good news Iron Mike. I'll glad for you.

Owen

Iron Mike in the beginning you said you sent that rifle to a gunsmith for warranty work, but you never did answer who that gunsmith was.. So now the Shaver is handling it hows about you spill the beans on the first guy? Might save someone else a headache later on.

i agree with don here ...id like a name to log away that sent a rifle so misshapen back to a custemer and say its good to go. i live in alaska where sometimes its better to send a gun outta state for the needed / wanted smith work soooo...who be the smuck??

Boolit Master
    >>>And there is no comparison to the Quigley's made by Pedersoli to the real Quigley by Shiloh<<<
    The Pedersoli is know to compare well or exceed the accuracy of the Shilohs.
    So far as I know no Pedersolis were never made with that inch long throat that reduces the rifle's accuracy and its resale value. You can't say that about Shiloh.
    EDG

EDG yes you can say that about the Pedersoli, that's why in cooperation with Victory moulds they came up with a bullet to try and compete with the other rifles on the market.
    Shiloh has dropped the long throat thought to be necessary for the paper patch bullets decades ago......
    If you would kindly point to match scores whereby the shooters of Pedersoli rifles are winning against shiloh's and C sharps, kindly post such to validate your claim.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast