RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: pedersoli 45-110 quigley nightmare

Boolit Mold

pedersoli 45-110 quigley nightmare

got a quigley,w/the seole tang sight, the taps on the tang for mounting the sight looked off center, so sent it to a gunsmith for warrantee work, month late i get it back,the is still a major problem, i now realize that the reciever is cast crooked, and the tang is so far to the east that one could mever shoot accuratley using a tang sight, all of the windage adjustment will not fix it, emailed pedersoli and am waiting for their cure.....any body have any experience here with a pedersoli lemon?

Hi Mike,

Please keep us informed with your dealings with Pedersoli. Those are expensive guns and they should take good care of it for you. I'll look forward to hearing about a happy outcome.

Take care, Tom

Boolit Mold
    i will, they've informed their production manager of the problem,i certainly hope they respond with action and no lip service, as in reality, i'm out a lot of time and trouble so far, an expensive gun, hundreds of dollars for brass and reloading settups, and a warranty gunsmith that should have picked up on the problem at first glance,instead of performing a meaningless(to me anyway) repair.my fear is that this is going to turn into a cya game with all those who dropped the ball,far as i'm concerned i see that everyone dropped the ball, pedersoli let the gun ship, cabella sold the gun, the gunsmith missed the mark,and so on..it is a beautiful gun for sure, but it is also a useless one. i'd like a new one, this ones a lemon.

Those tang sight bases often require shimming or milling of the sight base, its nothing new with the pedersolis.

Very rarely can you slap them on and call it good, although shilohs and MVA sights seem to fit together very often with no adjustment. Often with sharps repros and tang sights, you get precisely what you pay for.

Do you have a picture of this crooked receiver?

What type/brand of tang sight are you using?

How far out of square is the rear sight, in relation to the front sight bubble?

Is this your first time playing with these single shots?
    Last edited by hickstick_10; 07-16-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It's not just new ones, I have seen originals that were real crooked.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Check with Buckshot I belive he had a huge fight over 38 55 barrel on the same make

He may have a short cut avialable for you.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Check with Buckshot I belive he had a huge fight over 38 55 barrel on the same make.
    Buckshot's problem was a Uberti hiwall with a cruddy barrel.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Mold
    the tang is a pedersoli seole long distance model, the sights are perpendicular to eachother, but they are also extemely parralell, there is no room to improve the setup,it is simply a lemon..i can shoot off the barrel sights, but that's not what i bought into when i purchased this gun.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by iron mike View Post
    got a quigley,w/the seole tang sight,
    Can you pick your sight out on this page? http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/tipo...reedmoors.html
    the taps on the tang for mounting the sight looked off center, so sent it to a gunsmith for warrantee work,
    What is the name of the gunsmith?
    i now realize that the reciever is cast crooked,
    I think Shiloh is the only maker using cast receivers.
    the tang is so far to the east that one could mever shoot accuratley using a tang sight,
    If you mean that the tang points off to the right of center, it would never have fit into the machine inletting of the buttstock.
    any body have any experience here with a pedersoli lemon?
    Is this your first experience with a Sharps rifle?

Boolit Master
    I read through the posts and did not see if you had shot the gun? If you did, what kind of groups did it get and if you have not I would suggest giving it a try to see what it does. The reason I say this is due to an original Rolling block action that has a Badger barrel and home made stocks that I bought a couple of years ago. I did check the tang sight and it is sort of vertical but everything else on the gun just looks strange. Even the barrel looks like it has a curve in it, the butt stock bends off to the right and the front globe is about half out of the dovetail! BUT it shoots less than 1 inch groups at 100 yds and less than 2 inch groups at 200 yds from a rest sooooo I have left it alone! I was initially worried about "looks" but decided how it shoots is more important.

Boolit Mold
    it's the silhoette long range creedmoore sight,i'll leave the gunsmiths name out of it, he didn't build the gun,the stock is fitted quite well in the reciever,so no point in arguing what could not have happened, the reciever tang is as crooked as all gettout,it's a lemon,yes i've shot it, it is not suitable for shooting, it's that bad..their recievers are cast,...the reciever should have been rejected from the production line.. period..

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Did you buy this gun new, or used? If it's used, what year was it made?

Something don't sound right. Has the rifle been dropped at some pont, bending the buttstock and tang sideways?

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

In Remembrance
    i'll leave the gunsmiths name out of it, he didn't build the gun,
    Lee Shaver is the Pedersoli gunsmith for warranty work, and everybody knows it.
    Who did you send your rifle to?

CM

Boolit Mold
    told you, the smith has nothin to do with it,he cant fix what should have been rejected from the production line, and you cant drop a gun and do something like this, the smith missed the problem, ain't his fault, it is the production managers fault at the factory,that's where the mess got out, there ain't a smith in the world that could fix this gun. my pictures are to big to post so i don't know how to show you, all got here is words.how do you post big pictures?

Boolit Mold
    see if this works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pedersoli site 3 001.jpg  
    Last edited by iron mike; 07-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Boolit Mold
    here's another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pedersoli site 2.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    try again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pedersoli site 3 001.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    see how far over everything is, the left part of the tower is about where center should be,it's off the widage adjustment scale by a long way.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I don't see any shims under the vernier base but I do see that the tang was tapped off center to the right. Tang is crooked? I doubt it
    Regards
    John

Longwood
    told you, the smith has nothin to do with it,he cant fix what should have been rejected from the production line, and you cant drop a gun and do something like this, the smith missed the problem, ain't his fault, it is the production managers fault at the factory,that's where the mess got out, there ain't a smith in the world that could fix this gun. my pictures are to big to post so i don't know how to show you, all got here is words.how do you post big pictures?
    It can be repaired.
    Any good smith can weld up the holes that were drilled and tapped wrong and redo them.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast