RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Scope mount for SVT-40

Banned

Scope mount for SVT-40

Is there a scout type scope mount for the Tokarev SVT-40?
    Or at least a repro "original" with Picatinny?

I have fount nowt at the Google ruled part of the interweb.

Boolit Buddy
    Havent seen any scout mounts for the SVT40. Does yours have the rails and notch for the original scope?

Banned
    It's not for me but i do believe the ansver is no!
    As i have read the rails are universal but the notch has to be ground if not there.

Chicken Thief,

Good question and interesting weapon. I started looking at images of the SVT40 on the web. The original scope mounts appear to be side mounts and towards of the action. The rear iron leaf site is mounted very close to the front of the action. You might be able to manufacture a scout style base your self (or adapt a mauser or other military rifle scout scope base) that fits on the rear site mount when the the leaf spring is removed. That might work assuming there is enough room for a scout scope to mount away from the action. I really am guessing at this point, because I can't even remember ever handling one of rifles before.

I hope this helps,
    Last edited by UBER7MM; 07-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

Boolit Buddy
    The rails are not universal. I have a late war SVT40 and it has neither the rails nor the notch.

Boolit Master
    Years ago a B-Square made a mount with rail on top. It was aluminum with screws 90 degrees for pinch on receiver. The sniper version has the rails and notch. Market probably not worth tooling up for. If a fellow really wanted one, it would not be that hard to have machined up a saddle with a flat top and then put universal flat bottom rail on top. Gtek

Boolit Bub
    Chicken Thief
    This is my SVT-40 with a reproduction scope and mount on it. The gun doesn’t have the notch on the top of the receiver for the mount pin but I have over a 1000 rounds thru it and it never moved.

As for putting a scout mount in your SVT, I guess it can be done if you get one for a Mosin Nagant. It looks like the rear sight is held on the same way as the Mosin. I don’t know if that would put the scope over the action or not. It could be worth a try.
    Attachment 46020
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0355.jpg   IMG_0356.jpg   IMG_0354.jpg  
    What is happiness "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"
    Conan the Barbarian

Banned
    Thanks for the replies guys, loads of help

Boolit Mold

SVT 40 scope mont on no notch rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    Years ago a B-Square made a mount with rail on top. It was aluminum with screws 90 degrees for pinch on receiver. The sniper version has the rails and notch. Market probably not worth tooling up for. If a fellow really wanted one, it would not be that hard to have machined up a saddle with a flat top and then put universal flat bottom rail on top. Gtek
    To the person who used a repo scope mount on his SVT 40 without a notch on top. Did you push the mount all the way forward and stop when the locking key stopped it from moving more? I had thought of doing this myself and using my original scope without cutting a notch into the rifle.