MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: .359 173gr Keith boolit mold

Ditto....be it a .357, .41, .44, or .45 there's just somethin about a Keith..

I like the Ray Thompson bullet a bunch too!
    Big Bullets at moderate speeds...Makes things move

After the holidays I will get together with Catshooter and we WILL get this one done. If anybody has samples of the Keith bullets please let us know. Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Exclamation

I hope so, I surely do! I'd hate to see this one go "gone beaver"!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Boolit Buddy
    If you get an exact match of the 358429 in 6 cavity, please count me IN, IN IN! I might buy 2 or 3, even...

In fact, Catshooter mentioned getting 6 cavity moulds in all the classic Keith designs, and I would commit to getting at least 1 of each 429421, 454424, and the currently discussed mould, the 358429.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77
    After the holidays I will get together with Catshooter and we WILL get this one done. If anybody has samples of the Keith bullets please let us know. Jay
    Catshooter & mroliver77,
    I'll be happy to send samples of 358429 from 2 defferent molds.
    Tolerance check? Get me a snail mail address and I'll wrap 'em up.
    How many of each??
    Pepe Ray

Whoops, I just gathered my stock and found that they were ALL lubed and sized. You can still have some but won't this corrupt the value of the measurements you find? TTYL Pepe Ray
    Last edited by Pepe Ray; 12-03-2005 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Ammending the information/offer
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Ray,
    Half dozen of each, Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

Ray,

It might also be helpful if you let us know what the mould manifactureers are and what the mould #s are.

Most "Keiths" aren't. Thanks.

Cat

Talking

I'm just trying to remind everyone about this! Let's not allow this to become a "forgotten project". I've already put it in my budget and I'm really pumped!~
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Here, Here, ready and waiting....

HONCHO EMERITUS

The .357, .44, and .45 will definately have my attention once a general consensis is reached and we're ready to design & order.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch4122
    The .357, .44, and .45 will definately have my attention once a general consensis is reached and we're ready to design & order.
    Don't forget that sweet little .41 Maggie! She is such a sweet shy gal, but oh so very good at what she does!!!

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

Agreed! Somewhere along the line we ought to do a 410459 or even a 41032. I think the 410459 is more Keith-like in appearance.

Doc

Smile

Or, since we're drawing a NEW one, why not the 410459 with a nose more like the larger meplat of the 454424? Weighing in at maybe 235 to 240 gr. Just another idea, but I'll bet Elmer would've liked it.

The 41032 is kind of pointy looking for a SWC, not to mention GC design.

Just another stick in the pot.8)
    Regards,

WE

Boolit Master
    Sounds good to me. I would like any plain based SWC for the 41. My copy of the 41032 is plain based. I didn't know it was made in GC. That is really neat. I may have to start looking for one.

Doc

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=C1PNR]why not the 410459 with a nose more like the larger meplat of the 454424? Weighing in at maybe 235 to 240 gr.

Now THATS MY KIND OF BOOLIT!!!!

Boolit Master

Guys, For what it's worth,
    I Have a bunch of 358429 bullets that I purchase years back. I fed the dimensions into the software and these are the results of the calculations and sketches. I had to shrink the sketch to fit the parameters of the attachment software, but I think that it is still readable.
    Last edited by Tom Myers; 04-23-2007 at 02:15 PM.

Thumbs up

WOW! That sure is purty!!!

Boolit Master

I noticed that some are able to post a thumbnail attachment that will open a full screen sized image. Can anyone tell me how that is done? I haven't yet figgured out the process.

Tom Myers.

Hey Tom, nice bullet, I like it also....that I could live with fer sure and fer certain!

Boolit Master
    Tom:

Very nice !

Would you be willing to e-mail me a high resolution copy of your drawing ?

Jerry

gllewis@pasadena.edu
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast