MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Yonky's PB Material

Boolit Buddy

Yonky's PB Material

I got some of Yonky's 0.006" .55 " wide dead soft aluminum material to use for 35PB checks.

He quoted me options for air or surface freight rates. I was in no hurry for the material so I took the surface rate. He quoted me six weeks delivery for the surface shipping and it took four weeks.

A little history about making PB checks from thin material. I tried the pop can stuff. The pop cans were a real pain to cut strips from and I had problems punching disks out of a single layer. A double layer would cut with my Checkmaker but would stick together and did not want to seperated.

Yonky's material cut very well using a single layer. A double layer also cut very well. I am using a press without compound leverage and I could cut the disks with a single finger. I did not try three layers, but see no problem in doing so.

I cut about 60 disks and started forming 35PB checks. They formed beautiful little bottle cap checks as expected. About 10% of the disks stuck together and needed to be seperated.

I will update my report next week about how the .006" mateial compares to .008" lith plate material as 35PB checks next week after I have shot some.

Boolit Master
    30/30 Guy,

I got some of the same material from Yonky for 45PB checks - soooooo much better than pop cans !!!!!

You wouldn't be interested in a trade of 45 PB for 35PB checks would you?
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Buddy
    I tried out some of Yonky's material today.

The boolit I am using is a Hoch nose pour 357-157 SWC plain base. It casts at 0.357" and is a little small for most of my 357's. As cast it groups about 3" at 50 yards. I have found that if I add a 35PB 0.008" lith plate check the groups drop into the 1.25" range. From my results today the Yonky 0.006" stuff does as good as or better than the 0.008" lith plate 35PB checks.

Gun is a Wichita International .357 Mag with a 10.5" barrel.
    Scope is Leupold 4x.
    Boolit is Hoch 357-157 plain base SWC 0.357" as cast and sized 0.358" and 35PB 0.006 aluminum check
    Lube is Felix
    WW small rifle primer and 12.5 grains 2400
    5 shots at 50 yards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0985.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    I just got some of Yonky's material and it makes great checks with checkfree lll. great guy to deal with his material is quite reasonable in price. I have been making 45 cal. checks and am pleased with the tool and material. If you are looking to buy some material from him he is on this board as Yonky.