RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buckshot's Cake Cutters

Boolit Master

Buckshot's Cake Cutters

I just received two cake cutters I ordered from Buckshot. I have to say these things are sweet! They were for a great price and came very quickly. I recommend them to all pan lubers.

Boolit Mold

Took your advice

I took your advice and mighty glad I did. Got mine today and like you I am thrilled. For some reason the only pan lubing I have done is for a .460. After seeing buckshot's work I am thinking I need an excuse for some more. Didn't know I needed a nice little set of cutters till I saw this one. For any of you looking for a class act, I predict you will like Buckshot and his work. We are lucky to have him here doing such fine work and asking for so little. Mike

Boolit Grand Master

Pics??
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    A Picture is worth a thousand words.
    NRA Life Member

How about a link for Buckshot's cake cutters? I've got a new Ranchdog mold for my 44 mag, and the boolits show promise in my EMF 44 mag rifle. Trouble is, right now I've got a choice of making a mess trying to lube them with my Lyman 450, or tumble-lubing. I want to try dip lubing using White Label alox and a cake cutter. I haven't tried the tumble lube method yet but plan to. Call me old fashioned but I like all my lube grooves filled full, without having to wipe excess lube of parts of my finished boolits.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

Here's a pic of em.

I'm unaware of a link. I pm'd him and he sent me this pic and details.
    Last edited by Beagle333; 08-10-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: just 'cause

Boolit Master
    I also received one. It is beautiful work. A thing of beauty.

Boolit Buddy
    ....WoW Nice Work....

Boolit Buddy Nocturnal Stumblebutt's Avatar
    I too got one in .452, beautiful little tool.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I have been using Buckshots lube cutters for over four years now. I have posted many a thread and told others about his work and how it makes pan lubing a fun project and not something to be hated. In fact there was a new member not long ago that posted he hated pan lubing and was going to quit.
    I posted the information about Buckshot and never heard anything back so I guess he was satisfied.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Bub
    Got on that train along time ago! He does excellent work.

Boolit Mold
    Hello, I would like to buy a couple of cutters, can any one tell he how to contact the maker, thanks ron.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm going to be ordering some soon.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Hello, I would like to buy a couple of cutters, can any one tell he how to contact the maker, thanks.
    Just send a PM to "Buckshot". He'll hook you right up!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    I'm unaware of a link. I pm'd him and he sent me this pic and details.
    Those look amazing. Buckshot not only makes perfectly working tools, but he pays attention to finish as well. A true craftsman indeed.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Just remember to have him make them larger than the bullet you are cutting from the lube block.
    I was just reading where one poster stated he had his .452 cutter. That will not work with .452 bullets. You have to allow.001-.002 on each side so that the bullet will follow the cutter up and out the top as it is designed to work.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    Just remember to have him make them larger than the bullet you are cutting from the lube block.
    I was just reading where one poster stated he had his .452 cutter. That will not work with .452 bullets. You have to allow.001-.002 on each side so that the bullet will follow the cutter up and out the top as it is designed to work.
    I recently ordered a couple of these. Haven't got them back yet but from email conversations with Buckshot I'm confident in his products already. The best way to get the right size, I'm convinced, is to let him know what your finished cast boolit size will be. Then he'll know what inside diameter to make your cutter, allowing for what will be the right size for you. I ordered cutters for use in making boolits for two of my rifles, and asked him what, if anything, seemed to be common sizes by caliber. He replied that the orders that he gets end up being all over the place, finished-boolit sizewise. Buckshot is a very responsive guy, and if you send him your check with a letter in it, he'll message you back. He responds to his messages every time you send him one, pretty close to overnight. I'm very interested in seeing the cutters that he sends me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    I just told him the size of my dropped bullets and he made them to work. He's responsive, fast and competitively priced.

Boolit Mold
    I received two cake cutters yesterday, Very nice and they really work, I sent two .58 cal minies with my order, so they are perfect for both of my cast minies.

I recently received the two cake cutters that I ordered. They're well made, and stamped with the caliber of boolit that they were bought for. I haven't tried them yet. I'm heading out to buy a hot plate and a small, cheap frying pan in which to melt up some lube, this very day. I'm confident that I'll get some good results with the few Ranchdog 44 mag boolits that I'll start with. I can see myself ordering a couple more of these tools--one for 357 boolits and another for 30 cal. After reading Splashout101's posting, I may even have to get back into blackpowder rifle shooting with some cast maxi's and Crisco-based lube.