Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: CerroSafe chamber cast article updated with new data

Boolit Buddy

CerroSafe chamber cast article updated with new data

Hey Guys,

After running some chamber cast experiments to determine the actual expansion characteristics of CerroSafe, I updated the section on CerroSafe Chamber Casts in the article on my web site titled CASE LENGTHS, CHAMBER CASTS & IMPACT IMPRESSIONS. The bottom line is the expansions factors published by several suppliers are incorrect, as is the method to use the data. To read more click on the following link http://www.texas-mac.com/Case_Length...mpression.html

Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Boolit Master
    Wayne,

Thanks...Good info to keep in mind.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

texas...thanks for that insightfull info. it helps a bunch and your description is very follow-able. i need to do several impact impressions and even tho i have had knowledgable folks explain this to me in some detail...your description is easy for this dislexic ol turkey to follow. thanks again.

also i finally worked up the need to disassemble my winchester 1885 and the book i purchased from you helped imensly...with no special tools i must also confess. thanks for all your work.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey there BigTed,

You are very welcome. I'm glad the info was helpful.

Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Great write up...I need to slug the barrel on an 1858 that I just converted to .45lc cartridge...so this will come in very handy.
    My pappy learnt me real early that they’s only three times when a feller handles a gun. That’s when he’s cleanin’ it or when he’s loadin’ it or when he’s fixin’ to use it. ---Festus Hagen