Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure and temp for different lubes

Boolit Buddy
    I primarily use LBT Blue Soft lube. Settings are 60psi and 100F. My garage is generally 45F in the winter and I find I need to preheat my bullets - I just set them on the 1/2 inch thick aluminum plate that my Star is mounted to. Room temperature should not be a factor if the Star and bullets are allowed to come up to the set temperature.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Buddy
    Solid points that I hadn't thought about. For me, the LBT soft (or similar no heat product) is heated naturally in a LAM II. I would never use it in my, factory heated, Star.

Addressing the topic, Im in the SW and its typically over 100 deg. in day. Anything 'reloading' is in the garage. Temperature: sweating in more than 5 minutes. Something dense like steel gets hot on its own at that temperature

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    The single biggest problem with trying to make a list like that is room temp. If your sizing in a climate controlled room (heat and A/C) where it is always the same temp, say 72 degrees such a list could be handy if your using so many different lubes that you can't remember. If your like most of us and the loading room temp can and does vary widely such a list would be nearly useless. There is a huge difference in lubrisizer heated base/air pressure settings between winter loading room temp of 45 or cooler and summer possibly 95 degrees or higher.

A temp swing of only 20 degrees is 40 degrees variation, that's big and is what will determine how to set both heat and pressure. It's common for me to go in the loading room, turn on the furnace, set the lube heater and pressure and start sizing. As the room warms up I'm turning down both the lube heater and pressure. The only way around this would be a PID controlled lube heater, this way you could determine at what heat/pressure your lube works best with which boolit and regardless of room temp the PID would keep the lube at that temp and since the lube is always at the same temp air pressure wouldn't need to change.

Rick

Boolit Buddy
    I felt this was important enough to bump up for the new guys/gals (like me) with the Lubisizer. I understand many factors will come into play but at least the info here will give me a starting point of temp and air pressure.
    Last edited by anotherred; 04-18-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    Swaging. Keeping the 40's running for the price of .22's
    and .223 bullets for a fraction of a cent!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12