Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Who makes Shiloh Sharps tang sights?

In Remembrance

Who makes Shiloh Sharps tang sights?

Just curious if anyone knows who makes the tang sights for the Shiloh Sharps rifles.
    I just bought a used Pedersoli Sharps with MVA vernier tang sight. It looks quite similar to the Shiloh sight except it has a much more highly polished blue surface. Both sights are very high quality.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master
    No idea, but I'll guess the SHILOH sights are either MVA or AXTELL products. SHILOH lists the MVA line and they're closely allied with MVA. SHILOH had a smaller than usual display at the Quigley shoot, but handed out their catalog and the MVA catalog also.

SHILOH also has business arrangements of some sort with Carmen Axtell about buying tooling for the 1877 SHARPS, IIRC. C. SHARPS used to list the RIFLESMITH line of AXTELL sights, but I haven't seen one of their catalogs in awhile.

The higher end sights may be like AR-15 parts...really only a couple of manufacturers, but a lot of different company's names marked on them.

Boolit Master

Shiloh does not manufacture tang sights for their side hammer rifles. Their catalog shows MVA sighting equipment. Having type that, many after-market sight manufacturers offer sights with Shiloh's tang screw spacting. And I suspect you could order a Shiloh with nearly any screw spacing you want.

C. Sharps, on the other hand, does manufacture their own tang sights. I have a friend who has several rifles from each company. As a BPCR competitor, he finds MVA sights to have slightly superior precision. This is more evident in adjustments to control forward spring of vertical stem during recoil (or impact with your spectacles).

Hope this helps.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    many after-market sight manufacturers offer sights with Shiloh's tang screw spacting.
    That is the standard Sharps screw spacing, and the holes use the standard Sharps thread.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

In Remembrance
    OK, thanks guys. Was just curious as no one seems to put their name on the sights. As I said, they are all high quality sights, smooth operating, etc. The MVA just seemed to have a more highly polished finish.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

There are other sights that are just as good looking as the MVA's. go to www.buffaloarms.com and check out some of the other brands

such as the Kelley line of sights
    Last edited by drcook; 07-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.