MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: .410 Slugs/Swaging.....Please Help

.410 Slugs/Swaging.....Please Help

Hi all,
    Please can anyone help me out.I purchased one of these to make .410 slugs for my shotgun:

Lee Bullet Mould for the .41Magnum (TL.410-210-SWC) #90335

Only prob is it's a tad tight.I lubed it up and poked it down the barrel,it fitted with some help from a wooden dowel and mallet,once it shaved some lead off the slug.My question is this:
    Is there some form of tool that will resize the slug for me without having to remold?I've heard of Swaging.But do know the first thing about it would this help me? If so where do I start???

Cheers,Pommy76
    " Orange Whip,Orange Whip....Three Orange Whip's "

Boolit Master

Swaging will be tough when the slug is already larger than what your wanting. Usually you would bump the diameter up not down. I have not had much success getting a slug larger than the die to go it usually results in a mess because the lead doesn't just push through it wants to distort around the punch etc. you can draw or reduce a little with a ring die. but it sounds like you need to go down quite a bit. if your trying to leave room for a wad etc.

In Remembrance

Pommy,

Unless your ,410 shotgun is rifled you will not get the bullet to shoot accurately. Shotgun slugs made for smooth bores are all designed with the weight forward so to fly point on. Regular .41 caliber pistol bullets require spin provided by rifling to not tumble. Try .360-.375 (000 & 0000 size) round balls loaded in a shot sleeve for excellent slug-like perfomance. I load 4-.360s or 3- .375s in a 2 1/2 inch shell with AA wads at about 1200fps. These are very effective on "smallish" feral hogs where I live. The bigger ones need a bit more punch

Vendor Sponsor

BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Thanks Everyone for your help
    " Orange Whip,Orange Whip....Three Orange Whip's "

Perm-Banned
    pommy 76: buy a knarler from rce swageing. buy lead bullets of the size you want and the hardness of lead you want in .400 diam. knarl the bullet up to the diam you want. coat with 2 coats of lee alox. the best slug you ever shot. also can buy a knarler from corbin swageing. rce and corbin are brothers. they make really good products. ok i just thought of some thing arent .410 slugs of the .45cal? any way buy undersizeed lead bullets and knarl up and lube with alox. johnson1942.