Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Fair prices for Star sizers and dies?

Banned

Fair prices for Star sizers and dies?

Time for me to downsize and I have a couple of spare Star sizers and dies, what are they worth nowadays??? Thanks Russ

Moderator Emeritus

It varies, but my guess is around $200 or so, depends on what you include with it.
    It may be a wise thing is to sell it auction style in the swappin' and sellin' section.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

From what I've seen, sizers seem to go at 200+ish more ish for better condition..and dies at 30+/- ish depending on diameter popularity.

If you have bullet feeders, lube heaters, and pressure systems then I don't know.

I concur with JonB_in_Glencoe by going auction style in the swappin' and sellin' section.

However, if that's too much trouble and you just want the sizers gone and the money fast, like in less than 5 minutes fast, then post them for sale in the swappin' and sellin' section around the 200ish range.. that's the price range where the post it, and it's sold records are set on Star lube sizers.. lol

Are you SURE you want to sell them? If you do, you won't have the "spares" if you need them. I realize that sometimes space is limited & keeping spares is difficult. I'd like to help you out, you can send your extra sizers & dies to me. I will store & "care" for them for you, then, when you have need of one, I can send it back to you. This way, you will have spares available without taking up too much of your space. There is no charge for this service.
    Vietnam Veteran "GunnyBob" (Marines) on the effectiveness of the 1911A1 pistol & .45 ACP round in combat:

"Hit the target high center of mass and it dropped without nary a twitch. Lots faster than drilling little pinholes with the 5.56. Lots."

Banned
    thanks for the offer to store them, but after 50 years of buying it is time to sell off a bunch. Will be out of town for a while and need to make up my mind what to do with the stuff. I used to buy the stars everytime I would find them reasonable and set them up for different calibers, just don't need many anymore...Russ

Well, this site DOES have a "swappin' & sellin'" section...
    Vietnam Veteran "GunnyBob" (Marines) on the effectiveness of the 1911A1 pistol & .45 ACP round in combat:

"Hit the target high center of mass and it dropped without nary a twitch. Lots faster than drilling little pinholes with the 5.56. Lots."

Boolit Master

Would you take small time payment ?
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master
    If your considering selling one for $200 you don't even need to list it just PM me.

Boolit Master
    Ummmm..... time to go hang around the "swappin & sellin" section

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket View Post
    Time for me to downsize and I have a couple of spare Star sizers and dies, what are they worth nowadays??? Thanks Russ
    put them out to the highest bidder. with shipping. everyone will have a chance at them. GD

pictures man pictures.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"