Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ready to go Blue

Boolit Mold

Ready to go Blue

Does anyone know if Dillion has a dealer e.g. Midway usa? I have looked on all of the sites I'm familiar with..Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt and Able Ammo as well as doing a google search. So far I haven't found anything.

My hope was to find a dealer and find the product a little cheaper than purchasing directly from the Dillion site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boolit Master

Try http://www.brianenos.com/store/dillon.html

He has a free shipping deal if you order over $400, I believe.
    Last edited by Roundnoser; 06-23-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: updating
    Jon

Boolit Master
    If you call up Brian Enos, he'll ask what you are looking to do and figure out the best package for you.

Last 2 posters told you everything you need to know. Great guy to do business with.
    Performance reloading equipment.
    www.Inlinefabrication.com

Boolit Bub
    Grafs also stocks dillon equipment, since i live near Grafs store i normally go there, their prices are very good and they have most things in-stock

Boolit Master

+1 for Brian Enos online site, he'll assist you

with the best setup for your budget or style.

If you're dong $400 of business, his shipping is FREE.

Great info on his site about shooting too.

Brian is THE MAN.

Boolit Man
    We also have a Vendor Sponsor here on the Forum that sells Dillon equip cheaper than the other places.

I have bought from him several times.

Parrot
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=96922
    -Wildcat

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the great info.

Boolit Master

you be sorry they are not what they say. I would sell my 650 but would have to take a BIG loss

Boolit Master

shotman,

Please explain your remark that you'll be sorry, they're not what they say.

Explain your BIG LOSS if sold, many Dillon's sell for 80/90% of cost and sell quickly.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    shotman,

Please explain your remark that you'll be sorry, they're not what they say.

Explain your BIG LOSS if sold, many Dillon's sell for 80/90% of cost and sell quickly.
    +1. I haven't met a person who was sorry yet for buying a Dillon. They were just mad they waited too long. They hold value very well.

Buy the Dillon and never look back. Support is amazing, you can find deals on conversions, and there are a few aftermarket parts available.

Talk to Parrot here. WHenever I have bugged him his quoted prices were very reasonable.

I bought a referb 550b from Dukeinmaine and in no time filled a 30 cal. ammo box with .380! The only time I had to stop was to fill the primer tube and powder! I LOVE this thing!

Boolit Mold
    I currently have a Lee Loadmaster. I put a 100,000+ rounds through it. It was an great press fot the money. I have researched the Dillon and have heard nothing but good things until now. Shotman maybe you should call Dillon, there could be a defect and they do have a "No BS" warranty, they may make it right with you.

Mike

Boolit Bub

I'm not crazy about mine

My opinion, not every one that owns a Dillon loves them, because I don't. Ok for the money, and great customer service.

As long as my 550 is set up for one type of pistol, it works well, after you get it setup.

That's all I do now, one 550 is set up for pistol, one for 6.8 SPC...

Changing primer size is frustrating at best, and when it mal-functions it's never easy....this needs to be addressed/ fixed.

Changing powder charges is not as bad but it's not great. Some products on the market to improve the problems, and help to stop powder from falling all over the press.

It becomes a much better press with some aftermarket upgrades, tools, extra heads/ powder systems.

Small rifle is fine, again, as long as you don't change it....

Large rifle can be done, but I would rather use a single stage, and would much rather use one of my Hollywood Turrets, and do.

Again, just my opinion, and I don't have a Hornady, or Ponsness Warren to compare, but I'm thinking of buying a Hornady...

P.S. I did have 3 Dillon 550's traded one off, and may get rid of the other two....
    The terrain looks a Hell of a lot different when you'er crawling through it!

Wounded Warrior Alumni

Let me know when you want to sell one of them. I need a third!

Boolit Master
    I think ***** made me realize something. Yeah I am very pleased with my 1050's and 550's. But I sure am NOT going to change out the 1050's. What a PIA! Now the 550 is a breeze. But ***** is right, that is when problems arise. You have to tweak this, adjust that, stand on your left foot just so. But when you DO get it dialed in - Life is fantastic! I don't plan on changing out my 550 anymore, that is why I have a dozen or so more presses to go to. But the option is there.

Boolit Master
    Here http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...productId/3061
    And where others have mentioned.

My 650 is a dream to run.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well...the 550B was suppose to be built to be able to change calibers easy(removable die plates,ect.) I sold mine and have never missed it! Mine was always "funny" with the primer feed. Had to keep it spotless or problems.

Admittedly just bought 2 RL 300's, hoping for better overall build quality as Mike Dillon said he lost $100 on every one of these? Looks stout anyway! Best thing to do is buy a 550 and try it! Only way to know,some guys say it does everything but make eggs in the morning!!!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by ***** 6 View Post
    Changing primer size is frustrating at best, and when it mal-functions it's never easy....this needs to be addressed/ fixed.
    Changing primer size on the 550 is pretty simple. Replace the primer slide by removing two bolts and then swap out the primer tube. It takes all of 3 minutes. There isn't much to malfunction. The operation is very simple. Most mistakes can probably be traced to not having the primer tube fully seated.

Changing the primer assembly on the 650 is a little more involved, but still takes less than 10 minutes.

Love Life
    Wow. Maybe I just got lucky with my Dillon.