WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPS lost my package!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Shooter View Post
    That is not what you should worry about. ANYTIME you have someone ship something to you make sure that they put your address as well as the tracking # INSIDE the box. If it ever gets lost and somehow the label gets ripped off they will have the info inside. They will open it see that and be able to at least tell where it should go. Trust me. They open all packages that get sent to the lost facilities.
    I use to do that all the time, since I never really had a problem, I quit doing that.
    I think I'll re-start doing that NOW !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    UPS lost an over/under shotgun I had sent in for repairs.
    It was 2 years before it was found standing in the corner of a UPS truck.
    When I got the shotgun back it had been repaired but the stock was warped.
    A person shouldn’t have to put up with their lack of competency.

I hope your package shows up sooner rather than later.
    NRA Life Member

I had a package lost once where I worked for all my custom components to build a machine. We sent in pictures of the components, drawings, and screen shots of the solid models to get them visuals of what the stuff looked like to help them find it.

They never would give very much information when you called in other than it was following their internal process, which I found out takes about 3 months when they loss a package and never find it to get you any money. That was probably the most frustrating thing about their process, they confirmed it was gone and now the process could advance to pay out. Then the pay out people say how much it was going to cost and had a research done, then after the second confirmation they still took their sweet time to write the check out.

If you can afford to reorder and don;t mind having a second set, I would reorder or be prepared to wait about 3 months.

Boolit Master
    It shouldn't be that way. When I worked at UPS it was 8 business days to find the package. If it was not found then another 10 days to get the check out.

One thing you should keep in mind when shipping with UPS is they will reimburse the shipper of the package. Not the necessarily the one who paid for the product. Sure you pay someone to ship it but unless they use your UPS account to ship then in UPS eyes you are not their customer. In reality you really are not. Their customer is the one who pays them directly.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Master

I was acquainted about 10 years ago with a regional security manager for UPS. He handled facilities that covered about 3-5 states, and he had many internal investigations going on simultaneously. Involved cameras, after-hours inspections, auditing of records, and frequently waiting until they caught the theif red-handed so that criminal charges could be filed. I distinctly remember a case he told me about where an employee stole three Glock shipments over an eight month period. Caught him red-handed on the last one with video of him setting the box on the ground behind the dumpster outside and driving up and retrieving it after work. Depending on value (insurance) and/or sensitivity of the item, the investigation may get more complex, which leads to delays. Also, if they get too many "lost" or " misplaced" items through a certain line, they'll open an internal investigation like this. If it was a thief, he probably saw "Sniper" and thought it would be a high-dollar scope he could sell, but when he opened the pkg., he was probably sorely disappointed... My guess is the reamers are in a landfill by now.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Master
    I built and shipped a box to go inside a MFRB for lead screws glue ect, all I ever received back was the label and a letter saying we found this and if you will fill out the form and wait 45 days we will see if you get your postage back. For $11.35 I do not think it is worth the time. Years ago before computers and the co I worked for sent the cks for pay day by mail one week no cks ten years later the cks were found in a traded off del wagon.USPS screw up also
    Frank G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12