RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Pioneer Products Boolit molds

Boolit Mold

Pioneer Products Boolit molds

Hi, Anybody have any experience with these molds made by Fred Leeth? Am looking at one for my 32-40 High-Wall. Thanks. Dale.
    35th Security Police Squadron, Phan Rang AB, RVN, May 70 - 71.
    All gave some, some gave all.

Boolit Master
    I have a pioneer mould and it is a top of the line cherry cut mould. Dont think you will e-mail Fred but call him, he was printing a catalog.

L Ross
    I have a Fred Leeth 40 cal. for a 40-70 SS and 40-65 Win. and it is a high quality mould. Are you breech seating your 32-40 or shooting fixed ammo?
    Duke

Boolit Buddy
    Top of the line for cherry cut molds. Quality from the get go...........

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the reply guys. I will be breech seating. I have just received a Hoch mold for my CPA. Will try these in my High Wall. Maybe kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Dale.

Boolit Master
    Hello, HWall3240. My first custom mould I ordered back in the early 90's was a Hoch for an original .38-55 High Wall Winchester..I ordered a tapered one after liking the first so much, for breech seating. Then, several years later, I needed a custom .22 mould for a Hornet. I had Fred Leeth at Pioneer Products make up a nose-pour copy of the old Ideal 22536..both plain-base & gas check versions. Using bullets from these moulds, I was finally able to equal the best match jacketed bullet accuracy at 100 yds. I liked Leeth's moulds so much, I had him make a nose-pour copy of Ideal 412263..I use this 300 gr. in a .40-70..both straight & B.N.
    I hadn't shot the .38-55 in years, but last year, I needed some bullets..got out the Hoch & the first thing I noticed was the problem of those two thick plates acting like a giant heat-sink..once I adjusted the temp, the casting went well..but I think for ease of casting..the Leeth is hard to beat.

Boolit Mold
    Hi .22-10-45, Appreciate your reply. Think after awhile I will order a Leeth mold. I guess a guy can't have to many molds. If I find that a certain bullet will not perform, I'll sell it. Have a Brooks mold that will be going soon. Nice mold but just doesn't do good for me. Thanks again. Dale.

L Ross
    Dale, another mould maker to consider would be Paul Jones. I wanted a copy of a Jerry Barnett mould for breech seating in my Cody Ballard schuetzen rifle and he came up with an amazing duplicate. It may well be my best mould. He asked what make of barrel I had and what dimensions I had, and made me a wonderful mould.

Duke

Boolit Mold
    Hi Duke, Yes, I will keep him in mind also. Thanks. Dale.

Boolit Master
    I am pulling up this old thread because I am looking for an email or website for Fred Leeth. I need a custom mould made and it seems to be a tough one to do. I have heard good things about his moulds so I thought he would be a good person to try.

If anyone has contact information for him, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it here, email me (brent@iastate.edu) or post a PM to me.

Thanks,
    Brent

Boolit Master
    Fred Leeth
    Pioneer Products
    254 Johnsville Brooksville Road
    Brooksville, OH 45309
    937-833-2865
    pioneermolds@yahoo.com