Lee PrecisionInline FabricationADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters Supply
Graf & SonsRotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaTitan Reloading

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 75,000 Wadcutters in a Model 27

Yep, push a WC bullet faster than 650-700 fps target load and it will remain stable even in a Smith and Wesson. I load a solid base wadcutter in the .357 case, over 10/2400 in my Combat Magnum. It will shot small groups as far as I can hit anything.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    ^^
    Sounds like you guys are having a GRAND time!
    Yes we are! We got our AR500 3/8" thick groundhog and bunny wabbit targets and stands from:

Calvin D. Byers
    Quality Targets Inc.
    305 N. Maple St.
    Iola, Illinois 62838
    www.qualitytargets.com
    Phone: 618-245-6515
    Fax: 618-245-2591

$75 each plus shipping on 5/8” round rod frame. Pictures below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bunnyandgroundhog.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	223340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groundhog.jpeg.JPG 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	223341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BunnyWabbitTgt1.jpg 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	223342
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    I have enjoyed the original posted and most of the replies to it,great sight for learning

Boolit Master

Sun City (****** Falls) Las Vegas in the nosebleed heights
    OK, I read the article and all the following posts and now I have 5 Gallons on .38 brass to sort through. I will sort out the wadcutter brass for further use.

I had gone to my local range (DesertSportsman Rifle & Pistol Club) one late afternoon during the week and whilst dragging all my range stuff from my car to the shooting line I noticed a five gallon bucket with a sign on it. I looked closer and it read "My sight is so bad that I can no longer enjoy shooting and reloading. So I am giving away all my reloading and shooting equipment. These .38's are some of the thousands of empties that I no longer need. Enjoy them all." The plastic pail was heavy but I managed to drag it to my car and tote it home.

I had been neglecting my beloved Smith 586 as I was shooting mostly 9 MM and 45 ACP and some rifle calibers for the last few years. Along came a Model 57 Smith and it was .41 Magnums. So I went back to the .38's. I had a Taurus Model 85 in SS with a snubbie barrel and I practiced until I could group 5 shots inside a 4 inch circle at 40 yds. Then I bought another 586 for my wife. She loved my 6" 586 so I found another for her on the interweb.

It turned out to be a 8 3/4" tubed Smith 586 6 shooter that seemed to have been a safe queen and not fired much at all. The finish is flawless with not a bit of worn bluing anywhere. I am not sure if someone worked over the action or not but this Smith has a buttery smooth double action and a very crisp and has a light single action trigger pull. The wife does not like it because of the long barrel and the weight forwards tires out her hands too much.

She would rather shoot the Ruger BH w/4 5/8 bbl or my beloved 586. I compromised and bought her a Charter Arms Patriot in 327 Fed Mag calibre and it is now her carry gun. She loves the light weight and low recoil. I love the terminal ballistics of those 100 gr HP rounds and the general shootability of that round. I even bought one for myself. A Lipsey's special Ruger BH in ss w 5/5" bbl and an 8 shot cylinder. It is large but very accurate and a blast to shoot.

Now I need to hunker down and cast some HB wadcutters and wring out the long barreled 586. I expect good results.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06, 30-30 WCF, 7.62x39, 327 Fed Mag, 303 Brit., 32WS, 7.92x57, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, ,380 ACP. 9x19, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps.

I have read some of the posts here time to time, but I'm the chorus. I got heavy into Target guns
    in early 70s. I had them all. The beating I take from guys that know me is that I got rid of Pythons
    and Diamondbacks and some of the Officiers Model Colts and kept the S&Ws. The hacking I think
    comes from the prices Colts are bringing. Sure I would like to have them back, to sell now for big
    bucks. I will still stick with my S&Ws for shooting purposes. To me the 27 is the Cadillac of 357s.
    I have never seen an article titled 75,000 Wad Cutters out of my Python. It ain't going to happen.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910