Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .31 Buck shot

Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    I got one of those molds. Couldn't get any good castings from it. Tried getting it hot but the handles got too hot to hold on to. What's the secret to getting it to cast?
    Care to sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    We graphite bird shot to make it flow better in the shot hopper and charge bar. Gets rid of clumping.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I put three layers three of these in a Win ounce and an eighth shot cup in a AA hull with a moderate charge of powder--just enough to cycle through a Rem 1100 and get 10-12 inch patterns at 25 yards from a modified choke tube. I didn't get tighter patterns from a full choke.
    Have you considered why? Does your pellet stack pattern work against a tighter choke?
    Last edited by RMc; 12-02-2018 at 01:25 PM.

I tumble all the round ball castings I make, from #4 Buck up to .735 round balls in a Harbor Freight double chamber tumbler. About 3hrs. later you can barely tell where the flat spot was. On the larger balls, fifty caliber and up I sand the sprue bump off with a delta 1" vertical belt sander before tumbling. Gp

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    you can't cast a round ball without a flat spot there has to be some room for lead to go into the mold. i also use the lee mold for my shotguns. i do lube most of my shot because i don't always use a wad. i don't hunt and just shoot for fun and wads are an unnecessary expence. as long as they pattern ok then why worry about a little flat spot?

Boolit Buddy
    Red Bear, Ummmm, what do you mean? Certainly we can load shotshells without using one piece plastic shotcup wads...... but some sort of wad is essential.
    Cast is an adjective, a noun and a verb. Cast works as both imperative and past tense without any additional letters or helping verbs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123