Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox

View Poll Results: Do you have a lifetime supply of lead?

Voters
1526. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, What I Have Won't Last

790 51.77%
  • Yes, I Have Enough to Make It to the Other Side

348 22.80%
  • I Just Don't Know

228 14.94%
  • I Hoard for the Sake of Hoarding Itself

160 10.48%
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Lifetime Supply?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kenyerian View Post
    i thought I had enough until my grandson's got interested in shooting, reloading, etc. They have really made a dent in it the last couple of years.
    This is probably the only way I will use up what i have anytime soon.

Boolit Master
    no one ever will have enough, because of groups like this, we are generous to our like minded bros and sisters of the trigger. We cant stand to know someone suffers when we can trade, lend, sell, or offer up, to help them out in tough times, so I believe the answer is, NO, you never have enough for friends and family or self.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
    no one ever will have enough, because of groups like this, we are generous to our like minded bros and sisters of the trigger. We cant stand to know someone suffers when we can trade, lend, sell, or offer up, to help them out in tough times, so I believe the answer is, NO, you never have enough for friends and family or self.
    This, exactly.

Lots of folks right now are paying the price for not having stocked up on shooting/loading supplies over the past three years, when the getting was good.

So just this weekend I let a thousand primers, a thousand rounds of 45 ACP and 300 Bonded Nosler Solid Base go to another fellow who was needy.

You can never have too much. Somebody is always going to be short in your sphere.

I have just over 1,200 pounds of alloy, but honestly, I could use a thousand pounds or so of pure lead to make another pile of ingots!
    Scrounging for pb...

USMC 0351

Boolit Man
    I just scored 1400 lbs of lead pipe and vents. $0.50 per pound. That, with my existing amount should do it.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I've got a lifetime supply; but I keep adding to it.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, I think it may be something like an addiction!

Depends on how long I live I guess...if I crater this year then yeh, I have plenty...

Boolit Master

At the rate I am using my supply I think I have a lifetime supply!
    I have been trying to get to the range once a week since I have not been working but shop work has been stopping me from going.
    Hopefully I can get caught up so I can spend more time at the range!

Beyond a lifetime supply of lead and alloying materials. Recycled antimony lead. Isotope lead in ingot form and COWW fluxed and in ingot form already. Plenty of tin, solder and foundry lead/Monotype/Linotype. I wouldn't pass up a good deal for foundry/mono/linotype but I don't NEED it.

I had several tons of clean I got... them I got a divorce. Wife changed the locks and sold my lead among everything else while proceedings happened. Now I’m looking for lead again at tire shops but it’s all zinc now. No ingots for sheepdog.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I had several tons of clean I got... them I got a divorce. Wife changed the locks and sold my lead among everything else while proceedings happened. Now I’m looking for lead again at tire shops but it’s all zinc now. No ingots for sheepdog.
    Really hate to hear these stories. There are still lead weights out there. Be patient and never stop looking and asking.

Boolit Master

Lifetime supply? My lifetime, or the lifetime of some dirt bag with ill intent toward me or my family? Failure drill should take 3 boolits, I've definitely got that on hand. More casting? Few hundred pounds, and a good supplier.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    Been scrounging for about three years, and so far I stack faster than I shoot it by far. Think I have a 1/4 ton in the garage, 200 lbs. of cable sheathing and 300 coww, all in ingots. Course I don't shoot a mess of 500 grain boolits either. Got perhaps 35 lbs. of pewter too. Must have a couple hundred pounds of cast bullets on hand as well.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Banned
    I have boolit traps that will catch every lead boolit I shoot from 55 grain to 550 grain. so yes, recycle - reuse I have a lifetime supply IF I quit casting for friends.

SOO I'm always looking for lead but won't pay premium prices for it (I'll pay 50¢ a pound for pure and up to $1.50 for monotype/tin/pewter

Definitely not a lifetime supply.

I'm not yet 30, and I have 3 young'uns I'm collecting for also.

But it did feel good to find a 600+ score on craigslist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lead.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	270733

Boolit Master
    I have enough lead to make 17,500 200 grain boolits. What I don't have is 17,500 primers.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Man

Will be trying to buy it cheap and stack it deep. Have about 1100 pounds (500kg)

I have a line on 2000 to 2500lbs of NIB COWW, mostly 1.5 oz and up. No sorting necessary. Any idea what a fair offer is? I'm already sitting on (literally) a ton of ingots and haven't bought any in a while. Not sure if I can ever use up what I currently have, but more can't hurt, right?

Boolit Mold
    Being that I'm on the dark side of 60 I do believe I have plenty. I have over 200 lbs from my days as a plumber, 295 lbs that a friend gifted me (this is sheet lead used for xray rooms), & 500+ lbs from an old sailboat. this should keep me going for a while.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiopatriot View Post
    I have a line on 2000 to 2500lbs of NIB COWW, mostly 1.5 oz and up. No sorting necessary. Any idea what a fair offer is? I'm already sitting on (literally) a ton of ingots and haven't bought any in a while. Not sure if I can ever use up what I currently have, but more can't hurt, right?
    NIB to me without having to sort them nasty ones would be worth at least .50 cents per lb. just melt and skim and a little fluxing. But I’m sitting on a metric ton now but could always use more. Like money in the bank.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast