Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Better drop figures for the JRH

Banned

Better drop figures for the JRH

I did more shooting by putting a soda bottle higher but it was so dark at my target it was still hard to see. I was able to measure though.
    The 440 gr boolit drops 2" at 100 yards and 21" at 200. These from the center of the Ultra Dot with a 50 yard setting a little above the bullseye.
    It is still a rainbow but not as bad as the .44. It is a few inches more then the .475.
    My first shot was a little right but the rest were OK. I had 4-1/4" for four shots but the other shot opened to 7-1/2". Yes, it counts, I count all shots. Not a good group but conditions under the trees and shade can be tough. No real use anyway, I hunt closer. Just fun shooting.
    Perfect round holes in paper with a WFN. Crazy how a huge hunk of lead can carry so well.
    Last edited by 44man; 09-13-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Boolit Master

Good shooting anyway!

What do you mean by a few inches more than the 475? Did it drop more or shoot flatter?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
    Good shooting anyway!

What do you mean by a few inches more than the 475? Did it drop more or shoot flatter?
    The .475 was about 18"-19" at 200. Pretty hard to get an exact aim point to measure from. I have to use a soda or juice bottle. Paper targets just don't work for me at the dark hole down range. The large red dot can't be centered. I am in my valley and the sun never comes through in the summer. It is all woods.
    I like to know drop so I can shoot long range for fun and wish I had a longer range.
    The Ultra Dot or any red dot are things I will not adjust. Move the tube up or down too far and windage will also change. Kentucky windage or hold over works best.
    Here is what happens. The left is ideal but if you move elevation too much, the tube will shift sideways. Expensive scopes with larger pads on the tube will follow.
    Last edited by 44man; 09-13-2012 at 02:56 PM.